Car Crash

We all stood around for about half an hour to get a look at the others drivers and cars, every now and then someone would ask about our cars and I would have to push girls away from Peter but nothing to serious.

"All racers get your cars ready and head to the track right away." A man's voice came through speakers placed all around the place, we said a quick goodbye to the team so they could go find seats and they all wished us good luck and to be careful. Then Peter, and I got into our cars and found our way to the track. I could tell some of these guys knew what they were doing and saw one or two girls who look like they knew their way around the tracks. Everyone was given five minutes to look at their challengers car but Peter used that time to talk to me while I was examining some guys ford that didn't stand a chance.

"Are you sure you want to do this? We can back out now if you want."

"Getting scared now are you?" I picked on Peter, he was out of his comfort zone and I felt bad for him but this is way to fun to pass up and dad will probably never let it happen again.

"Scared? ha you're funny I was just trying to save you the trouble of getting embarrassed but if you really want to do this then we will."

"All racers get in your cars now."

"Ok I am going to beat this guy so it should be a quick round I will see you after it when I am moving on and you have to take the walk of shame." I teased and he laughed before wrapping his arms around me and resting his head on mine, taking in a deep breath. He left a soft kiss there before pulling back.

"Ok be safe I love you."

"I love you too see you after I win championships." I said placing a kiss on his lips. I got in my car and watched Peter in my rear view mirror before the weird feeling from earlier returned in my stomach. My brain was telling my not to race for some reason but my adrenaline was too high now I was probably just a little nervous but when I pulled up to the light for my turn everything went away and all I could feel was the rumble going through my body.

'3...2...1...GO!" I peeled out of the starting line not wasting anytime before pressing my foot as hard as I could to the gas to my left I could see the guy getting close to my car and shook my head laughing a little.

"That all you got buddy ?" I mocked the driver obviously he couldn't hear me but it was still amusing to me. I flipped on my nitro and in no time I couldn't even see his headlights, finishing in record time I lapped back around getting into place with my next opponent.

{Time skip to last race}

Me and some older guy with white hair pulled up to the starting line for the last time tonight. Peter lost his second round finishing a bumper behind the opposer. Although he was upset he was more then glad to watch me race now. After a long night it was down to me and this guy, my car was in ok condition now I might have been a little rough and I think the steering is a little messed up but I can't back out now. I looked over at the guy and he waved mouthing 'no hard feeling' to which I smiled a little and nodded he didn't seem like the racing kind but that didn't matter now. The light was seconds from turning and this time the little voice in my head was screaming don't do it to stop and the steering began acting a little strange but it was too late I was off.

Peter's Pov

I sat in the stands with everyone else yelling out y/n and cheering on my girl I could just barely see her face from her and a look of concern and confusion crossed her face but as quick as it came it left when that light turned green. I knew something was wrong as soon as she left the starting line her car jerked to the right but she gained control of it and pressed on the speed more but when she was going over 90 mph her car did it again but this time she didn't gain control. The car slammed into the side barrier going 90 mph with a sickening smack and a fire started in the engine extremely close to Y/N. I didn't even stop to breathe before I ran over to her car and was the first one there. She was unconscious and blood was dripping from her forehead and mouth were she hit the steering wheel, bruises were automatically forming around her eye and neck were the seat belt had been. The rest of her face and body was cut up from the pieces of glass that came flying at her when the window was smashed. I didn't stop and think before pulling her out of the car, the fire was getting to close. I sat on the ground with her in my arms and the tears came.

"Y/N, baby, come on wake up please. Don't leave me you can't. Wake up. God Damn don't die, don't die. Baby open your eyes for me please." I choked out rubbing my fingers along the side of her face trying to get rid of the blood but only smearing it more. Suddenly she was pulled from my arms and put on a stretcher being rolled into the ambulance, everyone gathered around her.

"I am sorry only one person is allowed to ride." I looked over at Tony and he nodded.

"Go kid I am going to drive a lot faster then you or the driver could. Don't leave her side." He told me and I quickly nodded before I hopped in and we were off going to the hospital. I grabbed Y/N hand and squeezed the life out of it. I watched with tears in my eyes as they put wires all over her although I was a little uneasy with a male ripping open her shirt I understood he needed to do it to save her.

"Baby I don't know if you can hear me but stay strong. You will get through this I know you will ok." I whispered to her and just stared at her the shock starting to take over. There was the love of my life barely breathing and I couldn't do anything about it. We pulled into the hospital and they wheeled her into the emergency center but as they crossed the double doors I was stopped.

"Sir I am sorry but you can't see your wife right now only doctors can go back there."

"No No let me go I need to be with her. Please i can't-can't.. just let me go please." I begged but she simply shook her head no and guided me to the seats where everyone else was sat and I slumped against the wall slowing sliding down and looking forward with no emotion in my eyes but I was well aware of the tears pouring out of my eyes.

-1 week later-

It has been 7 days and nothing. She slipped into a coma and nobody knows if she is going to make it. They allowed visitors sooner then I expected and every since I haven't left unless it was to shower or use the bathroom, besides that I have been on her right side holding her hand. They cleaned her up but without the blood there was still bruises, cuts, and stitches. Right now it was probably about 11pm and I refused to give up hope.

"I have no clue if you can hear me but I miss you I really do and once you wake up I am going to show you how much I did. I love you so much Y/N and you can't leave me yet. When you wake up I will do everything I can to protect you just please wake up love." I said and kissed her lips before settling into the chair i have been in for the last 7 days.

Next Morning

I walked out of the bathroom to see everyone in the room a little confused I cleared my throat and they all turned around.

"What is wrong?" I asked. Tony was the first one to answer.

"Doc called saying she is probably going to wake up soon." I jumped right over into my seat and grabbed her hand not letting my eyes leave her for a minute as I waited patiently. Around lunch time I felt her hand twitch.

"Guys she is moving." I shouted out and the doctor in the room walked over right when Y/N opened her eyes squinting from the bright light. She looked around confused and then immediately snatched her hand away from me and I couldn't help the hurt the flashed across my face.

"Hi Y/N how are you feeling?" The doctor said.

"Who are you?" She asked him.

"Y/N/N this is your doctor." I spoke up and she snapped her head to me before quickly analyzing me almost like trying to find something in me.

"How do you know my name who are you? Who are all of you?" She asked and my mouth dropped she lost her memories.