you forget her birthday (requested)

You smiled to yourself as Jihyo stirred from her sleep beside you in bed. You tied the laces on your shoes, your starry eyes gazing into her tired yet bright orbs as she slowly woke up.

"Good morning, sleepyhead."

"Good morning." She yawned and then sat up, stretching her arms out over her head before she grinned at you.

She remembered what today was and she felt a rush of excitement flooding over her just thinking about spending the day with you and the girls.

But she frowned when she noticed you were getting ready as if you were leaving to go somewhere.

You weren't in your pajamas anymore. You weren't throwing your arms around her for a hug to wish her a happy birthday like you've done the last two birthdays she's spent by your side.

It was strange and although she tried not to think too much about it, she felt her heart sink a little.

"Where are you going?"

"I have work." You sighed. "There's so much to get done. I'm stressed just thinking about it."

She swallowed the lump that was already growing in her throat. This wasn't planned. You said you planned on taking the day off to spend it with her. She doesn't think too much of her birthday but you and the girls always make it so special.

"You should stay home then. Spend some time with me." She suggested and hoped you'd remember that today is her birthday without her having to tell you.

"Jihyo, I know you have the day off but it's not that important. I'm sorry but I have to go in. I don't have a choice."

She hung her head.

Not that important, huh? That's what she thought about her birthday too. But it stung coming from you.

"I'm sorry. When you have another day off, I'll spend it with you." You said before walking to her side and kissing her head before grabbing your things and heading out the door in a rush. "Love you, baby!"

She heard the front door close and she let a tear fall from her eyes. She hugged her knees to her chest, feeling a rush of sadness that she wasn't used to feeling because of you. You bring out the best in her. You give her the most happiness anyone ever could. You make everything better.

Just... not today.

She wiped the tears from her eyes when she heard the phone ring. She noticed it was Dahyun trying to facetime her.

She answered and despite the sadness you caused her, she felt a smile tug at her lips when she noticed all the girls standing around each other, yelling out happy birthday at the top of their lungs with the biggest smiles on their faces. It made her feel so special.

"Happy birthday, Jihyo. We love you so much." Chaeyoung grinned and Jihyo chuckled tearfully.

"Thank you."

"Wait... are you crying?" Nayeon asked and Jihyo watched their smiles fade and turn into frowns.

"Yeah, but it's no big deal. I'm just really thankful for you all."

They knew the tears in her eyes weren't happy ones. They've been through many things together over the years. They know the difference between happy and sad tears when it comes to each other. They know each other like the back of their hands.

"Jihyo, don't lie. Tell us what's wrong. It's okay." Tzuyu promised and Jihyo sniffled before she answered.

"Y/N forgot my birthday..."