welcome home? (requested)

You squealed excitedly as you watched the car pull into the driveway.

You jumped up from the sofa, your heart hammering against your chest over the excitement that you felt over Jihyo finally being home.

You've been impatiently and anxiously waiting for this day to come.

From the moment she left, you started a countdown on your phone, and you've been watching this day get closer and closer to arriving.

You rushed to the door, waiting for it to open as the car door closed, so you could throw your arms around Jihyo's neck and give her the warmest and biggest hug you possibly could.

However, when she opened the door, her reaction to you standing there wasn't exactly what you expected it would be.

You thought, after spending so much time apart, she'd crack a smile so big it wouldn't ever fall and those beautiful brown eyes you absolutely adore would fill with stars.

But when you said her name and your eyes met, you watched as she rolled them at you instead.

"Jihyo? What's wrong?" You asked as she shoved past you.

"Nothing." She grumbled as she put her bags down and kicked off her shoes.

You decided to hug her from behind, hoping to cheer her up.

But when you wrapped your arms around her, she groaned and pulled away from you.

"Stop hugging me!"

"Okay." You spoke quietly, feeling a lump appear in your throat.

"I just got home and you immediately throw your arms around me! I've been on a long flight, I haven't had much sleep, and I'm exhausted. I don't need you annoying me right as I walk through the door. Okay!?"

You lowered your head, unable to even find the words to say.

You decided to give her some space, thinking that's what she'd need the most right now. So you turned around and made your way to the stairs, only for her to sigh and come up behind you.

"I'm sorry." She whispered as she put her arms around you, her lips brushing across your shoulder blade as she repeatedly peppered kisses across your skin.

"I didn't know I annoyed you so much. I just wanted to hug you. I know you're tired and stressed but I missed you, Jihyo."

"I know, baby." She sighed as she had you turn around, letting you bury your face in her neck. "You don't annoy me. I don't know why those words even came out of my mouth. I'm sorry. I didn't mean it."

"Promise?" You sniffled, staring up at her.

"Yes. I promise you, sweet girl. I didn't mean it. You never annoy me. I've missed you like crazy. I'm so happy to be home with you. I love you so very much."

"You owe me lots of cuddles."

She chuckled happily before brushing her nose against yours and kissing your lips.

"Happily, my love." She spoke against your lips, continuing to apologize again and again while she told you how much she loves you and how much she's truly been missing you.