you have a panic attack about a nightmare you had (requested)

You squeezed your eyes shut as you hugged your knees to your chest.

Jihyo was on the bed beside you sleeping so peacefully.

The room was dark and you felt alone, allowing for the panic to creep up on you and make you feel terrified.

A few nights ago, you had what might just be the worst nightmare of your life.

Jihyo had left with the girls for the tour and had gotten into an accident while on the road.

In your awful dream, the other girls had been fine other than just a couple of cuts and scrapes.

But in your nightmare, Jihyo had a much worse fate.

And it's all catching up to you again now, the memory of the nightmare has returned and the panic it caused is making you freak out.

You know why.

Because Jihyo leaves for the tour the day after tomorrow.

She and the girls go overseas for a few weeks as they travel and live out their dreams.

Usually, you'd be so happy for her but after that nightmare, you can only feel terror.

You mumbled quietly to yourself and tried to calm yourself down but it was no use.

You were having a terrible panic attack before you knew it and you couldn't escape the fear you felt flooding over you.

Jihyo was awoken by this and the lamp turned on before she looked over at you.

Her eyes were heavy at first, almost to the point where she could barely keep them open.

But as soon as she saw you, she no longer felt tired as the need to comfort you came over her.

"Baby?" She spoke as she scooted closer. "Are you okay?"

You shook your head as she put her hand on your back.

"You're having a panic attack, aren't you?"

You nodded.

"Okay. It's alright, my love. Just breathe, everything's going to be okay." She soothed. "I'm right here with you. Focus on me, focus on my voice."

You could hardly breathe.

Your palms were sweating and your heart was hammering against your chest.

"This is the worst part of it. You're going to be just fine, I promise." She said softly. "Look at me, baby."

You looked at her, right into her soft brown eyes.

"Keep looking into my eyes and listen to my voice. You're not alone. I'm here with you. You're okay, sweet girl."

"I'm not." You said.

"Baby, you are. You're just fine. You're safe and sound because I'm here. No one's going to hurt you and nothing bad is going to happen. Breathe with me, okay?"

You managed to breathe with her, following her instructions so your breathing would return to normal, as would your racing heart.

It took a few minutes but you came down from the panic attack shortly after.

"Good girl." She said as she rubbed your arms. "You're doing good."

"I'm sorry I woke you."

"No, darling, don't be sorry." She said. "It's alright. What caused your panic attack? Did it just come on without any reason or did something freak you out?"

"I was just thinking back to the nightmare I had a few nights ago."

"You had a nightmare?" She frowned. "What about, baby? Why didn't you tell me?"

"You went on tour and... got in an accident." You said as you lowered your head, sadness flooding over you. "And you didn't make it."

"Oh, baby," She sighed as she continued to brush her fingers across your arms.

"And since you're leaving the day after tomorrow, it just crept up on me and I got so scared. I don't want anything to happen to you. I don't want to lose you, Jihyo," You sniffled as tears filled your eyes.

"Darling, nothing's going to happen. I promise you, the girls and I are always safe. We're all going to be just fine."

"I know but what if something happens? You can always try and stay safe but something could happen. You never know."

"I know." She said as she looked into your teary eyes. "Because the girls and I are lucky enough to always have people with us to care for us and look out for us. We are as safe as can be, all the time. The girls and I will be perfectly fine. I swear, my love, nothing bad is going to happen."

You took a deep breath and nodded.

"I love you so much. You have no reason to be scared. Everything's going to be fine. I'm only going to be away for a few weeks and I will come home the same way I left - unharmed and perfectly safe." She promised.

"Okay." You said. "I love you too."

She pulled you into her arms and held you tight.

"I'll miss you though."

"I'll miss you too but you know I'll call and text you every chance I get and it's just a few weeks, just a month. I promise it'll fly by."

"Okay." You said, kissing her neck.

"And we still have tomorrow together. So we need to lay down and cuddle and get some sleep." She said. "No tears, no more panicking. We're fine, everything's okay." She said as she kissed your lips softly, pulling away with the warmest and happiest smile.

She laid down and pulled you close, tangling her legs with yours.

"Have sweet dreams, baby." You said.

"You too." She said as she rubbed your back and watched you drift off to sleep in her embrace before allowing herself to fall asleep too.