she wakes you for cuddles

The feeling of Jihyo shaking your shoulder as she whispered your name made you stir from your sleep.

She rarely wakes you in the middle of the night since you both sleep heavily after your busy days, so you thought it was morning and expected for the sunlight to hit your eyes when you opened them.

But when you opened them to find that it was still dark and continued to hear Jihyo whispering your name, you worried that something wasn't right.

"Y/n? Are you awake?"

"Yeah, I'm awake," you said, glancing at the clock to find it was only a few minutes after four am. "What is it? Is something wrong?"

"I can't sleep." She mumbled and when you let out a yawn, she suddenly felt guilty for disturbing your peaceful slumber. "I'm sorry I woke you. I shouldn't have. I'll just go downstairs and-"

"No, you won't, baby." You said and grabbed her wrist gently in your hand. "Don't worry about it and don't be sorry for waking me. Is there something you need? Something that'll help?"

She bit the inside of her cheek and said, "can we cuddle?"

"You woke me for cuddles?" You asked as your heart began to melt at the thought.

It was sweet; like her.

"I think it'd help me relax."

You opened your arms for her and she crawled into them right away. She closed her eyes and breathed out a contented sigh, feeling all of her worries about not sleeping completely fade.

You're usually the small spoon. Usually, you're the one asking for cuddles. But you were more than happy to be the one to hold onto her tonight. She was obviously tired but uncomfortable without your arms around her. It was what she needed all along.

"Better, my love?"

She nodded tiredly and when you started to run your fingertips along her back, she began to drift off to sleep.

"I always feel better in your arms." She mumbled. "I love you lots, y/n."

"I love you too." You mumbled and continued to run your fingers along her skin and hum quietly in her ear, helping her fall into a peaceful sleep.

You kissed her forehead lingeringly before closing your eyes again and drifting back off to sleep; this time much more content than before with her resting in your arms.