she forgets a date (requested)

You clenched your jaw in anger and tried to blink away the tears in your eyes as you heard the front door open and close behind Jihyo as she arrived home.

You stared at the promise ring on your finger and spun it around with another as Jihyo approached the couch where you were waiting for her.

"Hi, my love." She smiled and went to kiss your cheek as she slipped off her shoes, only for you to dodge it. "Whoa. What's up with you today? You seem upset with me already and I just got home."

"I've got every right to be upset with you." You scoffed.

She froze as she stared at you, folding her arms over her chest as she gazed at you with a look of confusion.

"What did I do wrong?"

"You forgot about our date tonight, Jihyo!" You yelled loudly. "I sat in the restaurant we were supposed to go to for almost two and a half hours, just waiting for you! You never answered my calls or my texts. You just left me there all alone. You forgot..."

She could sense the hurt and the heartache in your voice, causing her heart to sink in her chest.

"I'm sorry, baby. The day was so overwhelming and I was so busy-"

"Yeah, that's what you've said the last few times you've forgotten our dates." You interrupted. "You're busy and you lost track of time or you mixed up the days or you just completely forgot."

She lowered her head in shame and sadness.

She knows you're right and she feels so incredibly guilty and sad to see you so crushed. To know you spent all that time waiting for her and she never showed.

"I'm sorry."

You just sighed and stood up, shaking your head.

"I mean it. Y/N, I'm truly so sorry. You know I'd never do anything like this on purpose. I would never intentionally hurt you like this."

You swallowed thickly and felt your eyes fill with tears as she walked closer to you.

You weren't looking at her so she cupped your cheek in her hand, gently turning it so your eyes would lock with her apologetic ones.

"I know you're upset and you have every right to be. I'd feel the same way if I were you. But, if you'll let me, I'll make it up to you. I'll explain everything in the morning. I'll treat you to breakfast. I'll make everything better. Please?"

"Fine." You mumbled. "I'm going to bed."

She nodded and planned to follow you up the stairs.

But you only made it a few feet before turning around to look at her.

"Don't follow me up there."

"What?" She spoke quietly.

"I said I'm going to bed, Jihyo. You're not. You're sleeping on the couch."

"What? Baby, why?"

"Because I need some space. You're sorry, I get it. But I'm still upset. I miss you so much and I've been looking forward to this night, only for you to forget."

She sighed before nodding her head slowly.

"I'll see you in the morning." You said and kissed her cheek before walking up the stairs, leaving Jihyo alone as you closed the bedroom door behind you and she had the chance to finally let a few tears fall from her eyes.

She sniffled and wiped the tears from her cheeks.

Instead of falling asleep, she'll be spending the night awake as she thinks about what to say and do to make you feel better.

She loves you so much.

You'll always be the greatest thing to ever happen to her.

She has to find a way to really show you that.