meeting your protective and possessive parents (requested)

"Well, it sure is lovely to finally meet the woman that Y/N talks so highly about." Your mom said as you and Jihyo sat down in the kitchen of your parents' house.

"She does?" Jihyo asked as she looked at you, smiling from ear to ear.

Your dad walked over to the table and put his hands on it before staring at Jihyo.

"We need to have a conversation, Jihyo,"

"Dad," You whined.

"Don't, Y/N. It's a conversation every parent has when they meet their child's partner." He said.

"We're thrilled to finally meet you, Jihyo.
Y/N adores you very much. But she's our only child and, even though she's an adult, she's still our baby." Your mom said.

"I completely understand," Jihyo answered.

"We know what you do for a living. What happens if your relationship gets leaked? Is our little girl going to get hurt?" Your dad asked.

"Of course not. If that happens, I wouldn't let anyone hurt her. The company would never break us up and I wouldn't let anyone touch a hair on her head. Her heart is safe with me, I swear."

"So you say. But it's hard to trust words, isn't it? We need more than that. Are you sure you're not playing her? You're not messing with her heart or emotions?" Your mom asked in concern.

"No, absolutely not. I wouldn't ever do that to her. I care about her too much." Jihyo answered as she put her hand over yours from across the table.

"You have to understand why we're a little possessive of her. She's our everything and she deserves the world." Your mom spoke.

"And if you ever break her heart, I might just have to break you." Your dad warned.

You worried that she might get scared off by your parents' overprotectiveness.

But she just shook her head with a soft smile as she gazed at you.

"I know you say it's hard to trust just words but I assure you that you can trust mine and you can trust me. I'm so in love with her and I wouldn't ever let anyone hurt her nor would I ever break her heart." Jihyo promised.

You got up and went over to her side, sitting in the seat beside her.

You put your head on her shoulder and smiled happily as she put her arms around you and kissed your forehead delicately.

"I'm in love with you too." You whispered, bringing a bright smile to Jihyo's face.

Your parents looked at each other and then at the two of you.

"Thank you." Your dad told her. "It's nice to know she's found someone who loves and cares for her the way she deserves."

"She's my girl; I'll always love and care for her." Jihyo grinned.

Your parents returned to the stove, finishing up dinner as they watched you and Jihyo.

You shared soft kisses and just talked and smiled happily, melting their hearts.

"She's found the one." Your mom told your dad.

"I think so too." He said as he let out a sigh of relief, knowing you were happy and safe with Jihyo.