when the girls fight - TWICE tenth member (requested)

You felt it from the moment you all left practice and were in the car riding back to the dorm.

The tension between the girls.

It was awkward just sitting there in silence, wondering who would be the first to break it.

But all ten of you weren't in the one car together, just a few of you were in one while the other few were in another.

You could tell they weren't saying anything so they didn't explode in the car.

Anything and everything on their minds could wait until you were all in the privacy of the dorm... together.

You all arrived not long after.

You went inside and sat at the kitchen table as you busied yourself on your phone, trying to ignore the silence in the air that you're not used to.

"Move," Momo told Chaeyoung, who was standing in her way.

"Fine. Grouch." Chaeyoung mumbled.

"Oh, I'm sorry that I've had a terrible day. It was shit." Momo said as she walked to the fridge.

"Not just for you! Other people had a bad day too, you know? It's not just about you!" Tzuyu said.

Jihyo let out a heavy sigh as she walked to the table to sit down beside you.

She wanted to stay out of this too.

"Thank you, Tzuyu," Chaeyoung mumbled.

"Don't thank me. I'm not on your side either." Tzuyu grumbled.

"Can you all stop arguing? It was a bad day for everyone." Jihyo said as she tangled her fingers in her hair.

"Well, it would've been a lot easier had someone not gotten on my nerves," Dahyun said as she looked at Nayeon.

"Oh, I'm in the wrong? As if you're never annoying?" Nayeon said as she rolled her eyes.

"It's almost as if you did everything wrong today on purpose! You stepped on my feet, you were off-beat with the music, and you messed up every move!" Dahyun said.

"You do realize that practice was being filmed today, right? We were supposed to do everything right so the video could be uploaded on YouTube after the song was released. But it can't now that you messed up so much." Jeongyeon mumbled to Nayeon.

"Oh, so you never mess up? You're just so perfect all the damn time, right?" Nayeon spoke to Jeongyeon.

"Stop it!" You groaned in frustration.

But they didn't stop; they just continued.

"Hopefully tomorrow will be better." Mina quietly spoke.

"Well, if everyone stops slacking and does everything correctly, it will be," Sana said.

"As if you didn't make any mistakes today?" Chaeyoung spoke to Sana.

The girls all started to speak over each other and bicker loudly as you and Jihyo stayed out of it.

Until Mina raised her voice and said,

"Screw this! I'm not in the mood for this!" She shouted before storming upstairs.

"We might all share rooms but that doesn't mean I have to talk to any of you," Tzuyu said as she hurried up the steps.

"No one talk to me. I'll be putting my headphones on to block you all out!" Nayeon said.

"Good!" Dahyun said.

You jumped as some doors suddenly slammed loudly.

Jihyo got up and came over to your side before pulling you in for a comforting hug.

"Shhh, it's okay." She said. "Don't be scared, it's alright. I've got you."

You took in a deep breath and tried to calm your pounding heart.

"Why are they being like this?" You sniffled.

"It was a very bad and hard day. So much went wrong today and everyone's in a bad mood. Things will be better soon."

"What if it doesn't get better? What if they hate each other forever now?" You worriedly asked.

Jihyo shook her head with a smile as she stared at you.

"With how close we all are with each other, it won't last long. I guarantee that in an hour or less, they'll all be made up and hugging each other and laughing. Everything will be forgotten."

"I hope so."

"I know so. Trust me, I'm the leader. I know each member better than anyone else. They'll be fine before you know it."

You still felt scared.

Both by the slamming door and by the girls fighting so badly.

You're not used to it at all.

The ten of you always get along so well.

Of course, you are all human beings and you do get frustrated and annoyed with each other from time to time.

But you're so close that everything always smooths itself out so quickly.

There's never been a fight this intense and it's a little scary.

"Everything will be okay, I promise," Jihyo said as she rubbed your back comfortingly. "Don't be scared. It's all going to be fine."

You exhaled shakily as you squeezed her tight, knowing deep down that she was right.

You all love and care for each other so much, that staying mad at each other for too long isn't possible.

Things will get better.

You just hoped it would be soon.