break up prank (requested)

"Y/N?" Jihyo called out as she walked through the front door. "Baby, I'm home!"

As soon as the words fell from her lips, she heard your feet on the floor. Your footsteps were slow and she heard something being dragged along with every step that you took.

Her heart sank deep in her chest when she saw the duffle bags in your hand and the suitcases that you were wheeling behind you.

"Going somewhere?" She joked, laughing a little to try to ease her nerves.

But she stopped when she saw the sad look in your eyes, watching as you walked right past her so you could put your things by the door.

"Hey. What's going on?" She asked as she came up behind you, putting her arms around your waist to hug you from behind.

But you wordlessly pulled away from her as you bent down to grab your shoes.

"Did I do something wrong?" She asked and you felt a pang of sadness hit you as the words left her lips.

"No, Jihyo."

"Did I forget something important? If I did, I'm so sorry, y/n."

You sighed and turned around to face her.

You shook your head and said seven words that she never expected you to say.

"I think we need to break up."

"What?" She asked quietly, the word falling from her lips in disbelief. "Where's this coming from? Baby, I don't understand."

"I just think this is what's best for us."

"Best for us?" She asked with a look of annoyance in her eyes. "You mean best for you?"

"Jihyo-"

"No, don't!"

She was yelling. But not because she was mad. But rather because she was hurt.

"So what did I do wrong?"

"It's not you."

"Then what is it? This doesn't make any sense to me, y/n! Everything was fine last night! Wasn't it just two nights ago that we were making plans for the future together?"

You stared at your feet, unable to look at her now that you saw the tears in her eyes.

"I'm sorry." You whispered.

"No, y/n," she mumbled before she walked to you, pulling you into her arms to bring you in for a big hug and hold onto you for dear life.

"Don't go." She mumbled against your neck.

"Jihyo," you whispered.

"Please don't go. There has to be something I can do! I'll do it, whatever it is that you need me to do to get you to stay. Please, y/n."

You pulled away and watched the tears stream down her cheeks. Her hands were shaking and her lips were wobbling.

"Jihyo, I'm not leaving."

She sniffled and leaned into your touch as you caressed her cheek.

"I'm not going anywhere, my love."

"You promise?" She whispered tearfully.

"I promise. Jihyo, you know I'm never leaving you. It was just a prank."

She hung her head, a sad sigh escaping her lips.

"I can't believe you'd do that to me."

"I know. I'm sorry."

"That was mean. How would you feel if I did that to you, y/n?"

"I'd feel the same way you feel right now." You said as you looped your arms around her neck. "But I hope you know how sorry I am and that I love you."

"I love you too." She said.

"How can I make it up to you?"

"Just hug me." She said.

You put your arms tightly around her, holding her just as tightly and as close as she was holding onto you.

And you wouldn't be pulling away anytime soon, unaware that every second you spend in her arms is one she's spending thinking about how she can get her revenge on you.