Real Reason

Aidans POV

"Is there a reason you're being so dramatic?" Tyrone asked me. We were in the smoking area where it was quieter. "You used to be so forgiving"

"Did you not see what Jack did?" I laughed.

"Okay cool, Jack fucked up but never have you ever been this angry" he replied "yes before when he cheated you were angry but not for this long"

"I thought you were my friend Tyrone"

"I am your best friend Aidan, don't do that" he laughed "that's why I'm telling you that you are being unreasonable. It's not like he's begging you to be back in his arms, he just came over to say hello"

"I don't want to speak to him"

"Why" he laughed out of disbelief "it's not like you ask about him every other day"

"Whatever"

"Well? What's the real reason?"

"That is" I laughed.

"I don't care what you say, I don't believe that Jacks drunk driving is the real reason that you are still not talking to him"

"Fine then don't" I stormed off. Maura had met a group of people that she knew so I said a quick goodbye and jumped into an uber.

"Hey" I picked up my phone "are you at home?"

"Yes" they replied

"Alone?"

"Yes"

"I'm on my way"

I hung up the phone and jumped into my uber. I knew this was wrong. It's always been wrong. Since I came to London, over a year ago it's been wrong. I knew I was single but my heart has been with Jack , and is still with Jack. They knew that, but of course that still doesn't make it right.

"Hey" I smiled as they opened the door.

"Was he there?" They asked. I took my heels off and flopped down on the sofa.

"Yes"

"And you spoke?"

"Briefly" I said. "I couldn't face him"

"Because of what he did? Or because what you did?"

"Because of what I'm doing" I huffed. "I forgave him a long time ago"

"Then why are you here?"

"I don't know" I huffed. "I didn't know where else to go" I began to play with their hair with my false nails.

"You didn't want to go home with him no?"

I couldn't even think for a reply.

"What are you thinking?" They asked.

"That I've never been so confused on my life" I laughed to myself out of pity. "It's like my heart is split in two. A half for you and a half for Jack"

"No one can fall in love with half a heart"

"Exactly my problem"

"I'm sorry"

"You know what thing you can feel with half a heart?"

"What's that?" They replied.

"Lust" I giggled and straddled them.

"After a year, how haven't we been caught" they winked in between kisses.

"Because he's so wrong that it's right"