After the Summer

Aidans POV

Everyone was staying with Jack and I so no one missed the birth of the baby. And by everyone - I literally mean everyone. Jacks mum, dad and sister. My mum , dad and brother. Let's not forget Tyrone and Maura. All of us in one house was a bit crazy to say the least.

"Tyrone, what's wrong?" Maura asked.

"Aidan, you can't have the baby" he said, looking concerned.

"Why?" I panicked. Being pregnant has turned me into an anxious mess.

"You just can't" he huffed.

"Oh for fucks sake Tyrone, tell me why" I raised my voice slightly.

"Well, I was just wondering you know the actual process is of bringing the baby to the world"

"And?" Maura began to also get frustrated.

"So I googled it, and this video came up" he blurted out. "It's gross! You can't take the baby out of your body through your... that!" He pointed to my downstairs area.

I looked at Tyrone and for the first time in a while I was completely speechless. Was he really freaking out because he had just realised how giving birth was like? Keeping a straight face was too hard so the moment Maura started laughing and I did the same

"What?" He said frowning, looking even more confused now.

"Chicken, it's ok", I chuckled stretching an arm so he would take my hand. "I know it's not...nice. But I will be fine", I smiled to him.

"That has to stretch, Aidan! How are you supposed to be fine?" He said, concern all over his features.

"Oh I don't know, but if other woman can do it then so can I" I said, trying to finish the conversation as the thought of giving birth is actually terrifying to me.

After that bizarre conversation with Tyrone Jack went to the kitchen to make me some food

"Here you go darling" Jack came into the front room with some chicken nuggets. Something he can put in the oven and not burn.

"Jack! Do you have the barbecue sauce?" I asked, getting up slowly.

"Don't worry, I'll get it" Tyrone quickly interrupted.

"Don't worry, I ca-"

Suddenly I felt an intense pain on my belly and my uterus that made me hold onto the table with a gasp and close your eyes. Then, I felt some liquid coming down your legs and when I opened my eyes I saw that my water had broken.

Oh shit.

"Oh my god" Tyrone jumped up "this is how the video started"

Jacks POV

Everyone was trying to make the car ride bare-able for Aidan. Maura was driving as Tyrone was in no state - a worse state than me. We were trying to make jokes which would make Aidan laugh slightly or we were saying that she was doing something that we never could and that we couldn't believe she could do this.

"It's okay baby, you're doing amazing" I stroked her hair as we pulled up to the hospital.

Myself and Tyrone helped Aidan into the hospital reception desk.

"She's about to give birth ma'am! you need to do something!" Tyrone half shouted to the lady behind the desk.

"Please sir calm down" she huffed.

"Aidan Grealish" I ignored Tyrones comments.

"Owwwww" Aidan took a sharp intake of breath. The nurse quickly rushed over with a wheelchair and took her into a side room with just myself and Tyrone went outside to update everyone.

"Motherfucker" Aidan yelled, closing her eyes.

"Language" I raised an eyebrow

"Fuck you Jack, when a fucking person comes out of your body let's see if you watch your fucking language", she mumbled in between deep breaths.

"Okay Mrs Grealish, I'm going to need you to push for me" the nurse said in a calm manner

"Already!" I finally cracked and panicked. "We've only just got here"

"The baby's ready, no more waiting" the nurse smiled. "Now ma'am push"

All I could do was stand there and watch. The pain that Aidans was in felt so unfair to the fact that I felt nothing apart from sickness. Taking Aidans hand in mine was a huge mistake as she instantly crushed it.

"Oh my god, I can't do it! This baby is just going to have to live in me forever" Aidan screamed.

"You're doing amazing pet" I stroked her hair. "Just one more"

The scream that left Aidans mouth was like nothing I have ever heard. The pain looked unbare-able. Suddenly silence filled the room and the pain was erased from Aidans face. Then a baby's cry that has never sounded so precious filled the room.

"Here is your baby girl, sir" the nurse handed Aidan our baby, wrapped in a perfect soft white towel.

I saw the tears flowing from Aidans eyes as i looked down at the crying face of our newborn.

"It's alright, sweetheart, mummy and daddy are here." I cooed to her, leaning over Aidan to run my large finger over her small and soft cheek. As soon as I touched her she calmed
down, her wide eyes peering up at her parents.

She wiggled and flailed around a bit in her arms. Both myself and Aidan had wet cheeks but matching grins on our faces.

"You did amazing, sweetheart." I told her, reaching over to wipe at her wet cheeks. I laughed before I leaned in to press my lips to hers. "She's perfect. Thank you." I breathed against her lips.

"Thank you for what?" She pulled back to question, looking up into my eyes. I smiled, my eyes watering again.

"Givin' me the best gift a man could ever get." I said to her before i kissed her again.

"She really is perfect." I cooed, brushing my fingers over her slightly curly dark hair that lay on top of her head.

"Already has her fathers hair." She joked, looking up at me who was grinning like an ape.

"She gets her beauty from her mother though." I said to  her, grinning. I smiled before looking back at her, kissing her smooth forehead gently.

"Does she have a name?" The nurse walked back in.

"Summer" Aidan smiled.

"That's a lovely name ma'am" she smiled. "I'd there a reason for that?"

"After the summer of 2018 is when we met and when our lives changed for the better" I explained to the nurse.

"After the summer" the nurse repeated. "Sounds like a romance story"

"I guess that's what our lives have been since then" Aidan smiled - her eyes still watering.

"After The Summer - romantic story of the year" I half laughed.

"With the most perfect ending" Aidan smiled and placed a kiss on my lips and then on the baby's forehead.

"I love you Aidan"

"I love you too Jack"

THE END