Ugly

Aidans POV

We have only been in our new place in Manchester just under a week now. Jack started training with the City boys and had a lot of media commitments so it was left to me to try and make this house some type of home.

"Why don't you just sit down?" Molly asked.

"Molly I'm pregnant, I can still do things"

"I know I know, I'm just worried" She frowned.

"Oh god, you sound as bad as Jack" I laughed. When Jack is at home I'm basically bed bound. Living of Jacks 'cooking' either probably isn't the best thing either, for the baby and myself.

"So what do you think of the baby's room?" I pulled Molly upstairs.

Every girl since they were 3 or 4 has wanted a baby of their own and have always had ideas on how they want their baby's bedroom to look like. However in my childhood, I would raise this baby doll with all my time, care and love just for my brother to come and take a free kick with it as if it was a football.

"Oh my, Aidan it's so beautiful" Molly covered her mouth as she walked into the room. "I want to live here" she laughed.

I spent ages trying to make this bedroom perfect. I painted the walls bright white and placed the cot up next to the wall in the middle, over the top I cascaded some white fabric either side of it. When Jack was at training I would spend hours making these pink and white flowers out of foam, I stuck these on the wall around the cot also. I found the cutest grey rocking horse and grey ottoman that Jack and I can sit on when we would watch her for hours.

 I found the cutest grey rocking horse and grey ottoman that Jack and I can sit on when we would watch her for hours

"It's a bit sad huh" I laughed "the amount of time I spent on this"

"Oh you're talking to the wrong person here" Molly laughed. "We just won't tell Maura" she added.

"Definitely not" I laughed. I could imagine Maura being here right now and me showing her this bedroom, I just know her response would be something like 'oh for gods sake it's only a baby, like they will remember'

Much to Mollys dismay I spent the rest of the day moving different pieces furniture around the house, trying to find the best position for them.

"Do you feet not hurt?" Molly asked as I sat down on the sofa next to her.

"They will tomorrow" I laughed. "I'm just so bored here at home"

"You'll regret saying that once you have the baby" she laughed. "You'll never have a chance to sit down"

"I hardly sit down now anyway" I replied - which is true. I can never just sit still anymore.

Molly went home half an hour before Jack came back from training. Since he has been at Man City he has been so much happier than before, and I'm not entirely sure why, but I didn't care. I couldn't stand anymore of jacks cooking so before he came back I made a simple chicken salad and laid the table.

"Babe, I thought I told you to keep it easy" Jack walked in through the door. He must of realised that all the furniture was in different places and they I cooked dinner.

"I know, I know" I huffed. "I just want everything to be perfect"

"And it is already" he kissed my forehead. "Now please, just sit and chill"

Jacks POV

"I'm just so sick of being fat" Aidan hobbled in to the kitchen.

"Any day now sweetheart" I gave her a supportive smile and kiss.

"I was due 2 weeks ago" she groaned.

"And the doctor said it will happen any day now"

"I swear to god if she is ugly I will loose my shit" she said half jokingly.

"All babies are ugly" I responded which actually made Aidan laugh. We had spoken about babies when we first got together and how that we can never really tell them apart and they all have that gross hair when they are born. "Why don't we go and get some lunch?" I suggested. Thinking that food always cheers Aidan up.

"I don't think people will appreciate seeing a beached whale whilst eating their lunch" she half laughed.

"Oh come on, it will cheer you up" I smiled.

Aidan did that thing she always does when she knows I'm right - rolls her eyes and huffs. She made her way back upstairs to get herself ready.

"What do you think?" She twirled as she got to the bottom of the stairs. She had a simple black dress on with a a leather jacket and a black bag.

"One hot mama" I winked.

@aidansimms : been pregnant for way too long now 🤰

@tyronemings : miss u bestie 💔

@maurahiggins: you better not have to baby until I'm in Manchester

@jackgrealish : any day now she'll be here🤩

"So" Aidan said after we ordered our food.

"Mmmhhhh" I made some kind of noise to signal I was listening whilst I had a drink in my mouth.

"We don't actually have a name for our baby girl yet" she said.

"You got any ideas?" I asked.

"I was hoping you would of said the same thing" she laughed.

"What about Daisy?" I said. "That's a cute name"

"Flower names are a big no no" she pretended to throw up.

"Right" I huffed.

We sat in silence for the next couple of minutes, both of us trying to think of a name for our child. A harder decision than it sounds.

"Summer?"

"Summer?" She repeated.

"I was just thinking you know - the summer of 2019 changed our lives and with out that summer we would of never met? And this summer has been the best of our lives" I explained. "It just makes sense"

"Summer" she repeated to herself. "I like it" a smiled formed on her face.

"Summer Grealish" I said with a huge grin.

"Ah I think now maybe I shout admit something to you" he face turned straight.

"Right?" I panicked.

"I may of accidentally promised Tyrone that her middle name would be Tyrone"

"She's a girl, her middle name can't be Tyrone"

"I pinky promised before we knew the gender, he forced me into it"

"Summer Tyrone Grealish" I said aloud.

"Oh dear god" Aidan could help but erupt into laughter.

"She's going to get bullied with that name"

"Oh 100 percent she is"