Swan off

Aidans POV

I was annoyed at Jack for not communicating any of the information with me. I know nothing is final with football transfers until the day but the fact that I am having his child, he may of mentioned that we might have to move to Manchester.

"Dad?" I picked up the phone, not really in the mood to speak to anyone else. I just wanted to finish baking my cake and then eat the entire thing.

"Aidan, I must know if Jack is going to Manchester" he blurted out.

"I don't know" I rolled my eyes to myself.

"You must know something?" He said. "I just need to prepare myself for next season. Like obviously Jack is our best player for sure but the amount of good players we could buy if we get 100 million for him"

"Dad, I don't know anything ok!" I lost my temper. "I'm sorry" I felt my eyes welling up. I knew Jack would be able to hear me as the downstairs was all open plan. I ran upstairs to the bedroom and shut the door behind me.

"What's wrong sweet?" My dad said on the phone. "You sound stressed"

"Please don't freak"

"Oh god"

"I'm pregnant" I gulped. Even though I'm 25 and kinda have my shit together - i still feel like both my mum and dad will shout at me for having unprotected sex.

"Right"

"Is that all you have to say , right?"

"It was going to happen sooner or later, I am human you know?"

"Oh"

"So why are you so stressed?" He asked.

"Because I don't know anything about fucking babies! And my husband is apparently planning his new life in Manchester without telling me!" I ranted.

"Aidan, Aidan , Aidan" my dad interrupted "calm the fuck down" he laughed.

"It's not funny dad" I say and my bed as I couldn't hold the tears in anymore.

"Your Mum was exactly the same when she was pregnant with you" he said. "At first she was so excited, buying all the baby clothes she saw out and every single stuffed toy she laid her eyes on. Then all of a sudden it was like she hit a brick wall, she kept having panic attacks And crying because she thought she would be able to look after you. In reality Aidan - no one knows how to look after a baby and there really isn't a right way"

"But what if my baby never learns how to walk or how to go to the toilet"

"Have you ever met an adult that is still crawling or using a potty because their parents never taught them right?"

"I guess not" I laughed - thinking about how stupid I must sound.

"Now go and speak to Jack" he said "and yes I won't tell mum"

"Thanks Dad, you're the best"

"No you're the best"

"Only because I married Jack Grealish" I rolled my eyes.

"Exactly that"

Jacks POV

"Aidan?" I shouted "you ok?"

"Yeah I'm just getting changed sorry" I heard her faint voice.

"I've ordered us some chineese" I smiled as she walked down the stairs in a pair of sweats and a vest top. "I thought that before I go back to training for pre-season I should try and binge eat a load of shit"

"Pre-season where?" She muttered.

"Huh?" I burrowed my eyebrows.

"I said, pre-season where?" She repeated in a monotone voice.

"I don't understand the question?"

"We'll see you having pre-season here in Birmingham or maybe you should of mentioned that there was a possibility of pre-season in Manchester"

"Aidan" I huffed.

"Jack I am your wife for crying out loud , how could you of not mentioned anything?" She looked hurt.

"It's not definite"

"What so when the deal goes through you are just going to suddenly say come on Aidan let's pack up and go to Manchester" she shouted. "If you haven't of already thought it's kinda a big deal"

"Molly lives in Manchester" I tried to argue.

"Oh that's absolutely perfect then, no worries! Why don't we go now?" She spat. "You know my whole family live in Birmingham?"

"But you were happy to swan away to Spain for 6 weeks to get famous?" I lost my temper and immediately regretted it.

"Fuck you Jack. Maybe you still are the same asshole I met 4 years ago"

"Aidan" I grabbed her hand "I didn't mean it"

"It's fine, you swan off to Manchester with your new £200,000 a week deal whilst I just follow you around looking after ARE baby, in ARE house that I maintain. Doesn't that just sound perfect" she clapped sarcastically. "Or do I need to swan off again for 6 weeks to make myself more famous?"

"Getting this angry will hurt the baby" I tried to calm her down.

"Oh so now you care about the baby? You didn't think that the baby's grandparents would like to see him or her on the weekends? How's that going to work when we're in Manchester"

"It will work I promise" I grabbed both her hands so she had to look me in the eyes. "Aidan I love you and I love this baby more than anything in the world"

"Then I don't get why you didn't tell me when you first new about it"

"These rumours have been going on for the past like 3 seasons"

"But never this serious? Come on Jack, most people are saying it's a fine deal"

"There are pros and cons to each situation. City are a bigger club, I'll get paid more, I'll play European football and probably more international"

"And what are the cons then?"

"I love villa, I love Birmingham, my family are here"

"Whatever you decide on, of course I'll support you but I'm still furious that you didn't tell me anything. Do you know how stupid I looked on the phone to Molly"

"Oh just calm down Aidan, we're going round in circles here"

"Fuck this, I'm going bed. Maybe I'll swan off to Spain in the morning - who knows?"