Captain

Jack's POV

I arrived at Tyrones place around half 8 so we had time to settle before the final started.

"What made you change your mind?" John asked, sitting next to me on the sofa with a cup of tea.

"It was all over Twitter" I said. "And you know it makes sense that we all get the coach from here tomorrow you see"

"Not because you definitely fancy Aidan"

"I wouldn't fancy anyone that's shagged on telly" I half laughed.

"She looked good doing though" Tyrone laughed and high fives John who obviously watched the same scene they were talking about.

"Okay shh it's starting!" John clapped.

"Come on look how fit she is!" Tyrone pointed to this Aidan girl on the screen who was standing in a black mini dress.

"The fact that she has gone on this show just puts her down a good few levels" I responded.

"And the winners, of Love Island 2019 is..." the presenter said. After watching this for an hour and a half I still hadn't found out the winner and I was bored shitless.

"It's got to be Aidan and Nathan" Tyrone spoke.

"But Tommy and Molly have been together since the beginning practically" John had his hands on his face as if he was waiting for the most important news of his life.

"Aidan and Nathan!" The presenter said.

"Come on! Doing it for the Brum!" Tyrone clapped.

"I highly doubt she was doing it for the citizens of Birmingham" I laughed.

"Well she was definitely doing it for every man in the United Kingdom" Tyrone shook his head as if he couldn't believe how beautiful she was.

"Right come in guys, we have a big day tomorrow so let's get a good nights rest" I clapped and stood up, it was just gone 11.

"Sure thing captain" John responded.

"Okay never say that again" I laughed and pretended to throw up.

Before it even felt like I fell asleep my alarm was going off in the morning. I spent the whole night tossing and turning on Tyrones' sofa, thinking about all of the different scenarios that could happen today at Wembley. I could get injured in the warm up and not even be able to play, it could go to penalties and I could miss, or score the winning goal. I had a quick shower and some cereal before the coach arrived to take us to Wembley.

I didn't speak to anyone on the coach journey. I put my headphones in and replied to a few messages from my family wishing me luck. I paid for them to spend the week in London so they could easily get to the match today. Getting promoted means way more then me playing in the premier league, it's about the survival of Aston Villa as a whole club.

"You will be fine" Dean, the manager patted me on the back before I went out of the tunnel. "I wouldn't of given you this band if I didn't believe in you, you know that. Now go and do what you do best" he added just as we were walking out.

Just before half time when things were looking doubtful that anyone was going to score, out of nothing El Ghazi put the ball into the back of the net just before the whistle blew indicating that the first half was over. I didn't say much at half time and just let the gaffer do most of the talking as I didn't want to jinx anything and get ahead of myself but I had a good feeling about how the match was going to finish.

There were only a few minutes left of the game and it was 2-1 to us and I was petrified of Derby scoring and is having to play for another half an hour. Whilst I was deep in my thoughts still when I heard the final whistle. I couldn't believe it, we had won the play-offs. I fell the the floor in disbelief and threw my hands over my face. I had just won promotion for my boyhood club.