Darling

Jacks POV

"I can't stop thinking about her bro" I said to Tyrone in the gym. It has been a few days since Aidan and I had our little make out session. The day after she had to go to London for a few days for some meeting with different fashion brands and tv programmes and she still hasn't returned.

"I'm still in shock" Tyrone shook his head.

"Has she said anything about me to you?"

"Ah I couldn't share that type of sensitive information" he smirked.

"Come on" I laid back down on the mat. "Bros before hoes now"

"Sisters before misters" he quickly replied back with although that hardly made sense in this scenario.

"At least tell me if it's good or bad"

"Well of course it was good it's just-" he began to say but quickly stopped.

"Just what?" I swallowed the lump that quickly formed in my throat.

"It's just, well" he huffed and sat back down on the mat next to me. "I don't think she has a lot of trust in men since well, you know who"

"She doesn't know me in that way though"

"She does know that you are a professional footballer and captain of Aston Villa" Tyrone said. "I just think she is in a confused place at the moment"

"What do you think I should do?"

"I don't know, I'll speak to her" he huffed. "She's going on holiday with the girls in a couple of days, she's only back her for one day before she goes off"

"Girls holiday?" I repeated.

"Yeah, I think they are going Marbella or somewhere like that" he shrugged.

I ran my hands through my hair, like she did the other night. I don't know what it is about her still but there is something that drives me crazy. She's confident, she's caring and we both want the exact same things in life.

"I've heard the rumours about you going to United" Tyrone changed the subject.

"Yeah" I huffed. Obviously villa is my boyhood club and they have been my whole life, but you know playing for a club like Manchester United gives me a whole new window of opportunities. I'd play in European tournaments and even be more likely to get a call up for England.

"And the ones about Spain"

"I don't know" I said. "I don't think I'd like to leave England really" I added. Our conversation got interrupted by tyrones phone ringing.

"It's Aidan" he said. "Oh hey girl" he picked up the FaceTime call. "I'm with jack"

"Oh hey" she smiled and waved.

"Hey" I shot her a quick smile.

"So guess what" she clapped, all excited.

"Oh what?"

"Missguided have offered me my own range! I've already started making different designs" she flipped her camera to show loads of different sketches of stuff. "I've been working on them the last few days so all I need to do is send them off"

"Oh my god that's amazing" Tyrone smiled.

"And-" she began. "You know itv wanted to do that reality show thing with Nathan and I, well anyway they want to do it still but just with me" she said. "So you guys better get used to being on camera"

"We're gonna be in it?" I asked.

"Yeah, you guys are like the biggest part of my life at the moment, I couldn't not have you twos in it" she smiled. I'm a big part in her life? Friendship wise? Romantically?

"You're coming home before your holiday though?"

"Yeah, for one night" she rolled her eyes. "I'm going to go out with my family for lunch but I'll be around in the evening"

"Great, we will see you then" Tyrone smiled.

"I'll get back to work, love yous!" She waved one last tome and hung up.

Aidans POV

I felt absolutely shattered when I got back home to Birmingham. I went straight from the train station to my parents house where we got a takeaway and played loads of different board games before I came back to my new place where I crashed straight on the sofa.

"Look who's arrived!" Tyrone let himself in, followed by Jack.

"Did you bring food?" I pouted.

"Of course darling" Jack smiled and handed me a bag full of chicken and chips. Him calling me darling making me go weak at the knees. I haven't stopped thinking about our kiss the whole time I've been in London. I contemplated a couple of times messaging Jack, just to speak to him and typed out millions of different messages, some flirty, some just a simple excuse to talk to him like did I leave my glasses at Tyrones? Ultimately I decided that all my messages looked awful and didn't send any. I don't know if he was just trying to prove a point to me that he could get into my knickers easily or that he actually fancies me. I just don't have a lot of trust in men.

"Thank you" I smiled and took the bag from him.

"So, tell us the gossip" Tyrone launched himself on my sofa.

"I've got to go and film the Love Island reunion in Marbella, that's one of the reasons I'm going there"

"Oh, is Nathan going to be there?"

"I presume so" I huffed. "It's not going to be fun at all"

"you'll be fine though, everyone knows the truth so it's not like he can try and make you look like the bad guy" Tyrone said, Jack was being weirdly quiet. "Anyway, let me me show you this video my mum sent me of my dad, it is the funniest" he changed the subject like he always does. He went to put his hand in his pocket and pulled out nothing. He then went to his opposite pocket and pulled out nothing.

"Fuck sake, Jack can you check where my phone is?" He asked. Jack went in find my iPhone where they apparently like to track each other.

"It's just at home bro" Jack replied.

"Erghhh" Tyrone stood up. "I'll be back in 5" he added, and with that he grabbed his car keys and left.

"Can I ask you a question?" I said to Jack, finally breaking the silence.

"Go ahead"

"Why'd you kiss me the other night?"

"Because it felt like the moment was right" he said. "When we went out for a drink the other night I just felt like we connected on a different level, we have the same goals and aspirations not only for our careers but life in general, you made me laugh and feel at ease but at the same time you made me feel nervous incase I said something wrong"

"So not because you thought I would be easy?"

"Of course not" he laughed out of shock, he stood up and sat down next to me where he took one of my hands into his.

"There is just something about you Aidan Simms that I like"