The dress

Aidans POV

Today, Maura, Molly, my mum and I were all going shopping for my dress and bridesmaids dresses.

"I never thought I would see the day" my mum was already welling up and we hadn't even stepped a foot in the shop yet.

"Aw mum" I laughed and rubbed her hand.

"I think I knew when I saw you and Jack together for the first time that he was the one for you" Maura said.

"Really?"

"Yeah, you guys just give of this energy when you're together it's crazy" Molly said.

"Well I guess I picked the right one to say yes too" I laughed.

The wedding wasn't far off now , just a month or two and I hadn't been able to find the dress yet. I haven't had that feeling yet of wow, I look amazing in this. Mainly because all the girls thought I looked good in different things. My mum wanted a long train , Maura wanted thin straps and Molly cried at every single one I tried on.

"Maybe I should just go for a simple one?" I suggested. I picked out a white dress that had simple spaghetti straps and a train that was just over a foot long. I thought this would also get everyone off my back for half an hour or so.

The woman at the shop helped me into the dress and pinned back where would needed to be altered so it fit me perfectly. The stress fell at just the right point so it didn't expose too much cleavage - but at the same time just enough to keep Jack interested. The lady then clipped a plain veil into my hair and ruffled with it until it fell in the right position.

"Would you like to look first, you know without them?" The woman at the shop asked. "I know that family and friends can be a bit pressuring"

"If that's okay?" I smiled. She nodded and led me toward a mirror.

"What do you think miss?" She smiled.

"I think this is the dress" I covered my mouth from smiling too much and the disbelief.

"I think the simplicity looks so good with your figure" the lady smiled.

"Now I just have to hope they all like it" I half frowned thinking about if they didn't like it.

"I'm sure they will - they will know you love it the moment you step out in it" she smiled. "Good luck" she added and then opened the door for me to walk out and show everyone.

"Oh my god!" My mum covered her face "it's perfect" she let a tear slip from her eye.

"Jacks gonna wanna rip that straight of you that's for sure" Maura said then taking a swig of champagne.

"I have no words" Molly wiped her face. "You just look so beautiful" she added, a tad more sophisticated then Mauras response.

"I really think this is the one" I twirled around - looking at myself from every angle possible.

"I think so too baby girl" Maura stood next to me and began fiddling with the veil that hang behind me.

"I can't believe in less then two months I'm going to be standing in this dress next to Jack, about to get married" I took a deep breath.

"You better believe it darling" my mum said. "It's going to be such a magical day"

"I feel like I don't deserve this all"

"What do you mean?" Molly said. "You out of all people deserve a happy ending"

"She's right" Maura said. "Just because yours and Jacks relationship hasn't been plain sailing doesn't mean that you don't get a happy ending" she added - probably one of the most serious things she has ever said to me.

"I love you all" I pulled them into a group hug.

"Aidan!" My mum said "careful of the dress you silly"

Jacks POV

"Have you written your vows yet?" Tyrone asked. We had both got called up for the euros so Aidan and I had to push the wedding back to after the tournament was finished.

Although all us guys were proud of how well we did in the tournament, there is nothing you can do about the feeling of losing at the final hurdle , especially in penalties. Aidan came to every single game , except the one in Italy. Whenever I would get subbed in she was jump up and down and try her hardest to embarrass me - which worked every time. I always loved her when she wore my shirt - but seeing my name in an England shirt on her was out of this world.

"I don't even know where to start" I laughed.

"It will come to you don't worry"

"How about you? Haven't you got a best mans speech to be worrying about?"

"I done it ages ago bro" he laughed.

"What? How?"

"As soon as you proposed"

"I didn't even ask you to be my best man until the other week"

"Jack, I knew I was going to be your best man" he looked me in the eyes. "It was easy anyway, you just write down what you feel, experiences you've had and then like what you wish for the future"

"Easier said then done" I huffed.

"Trust me" he said. "When Aidan falls asleep or when she is busy working, just write on your phone some of your favourite memories or the way she makes you feel when she walks into a room, then it will come to you on no time"

"Guess it's better then nothing"

"She knows how much you love her anyway - whatever you have said in the past just replicate that"

Tyrone dropped me back home where Aidan was in the kitchen with Maura, Molly and Tommy.

"Good evening , Mrs Grealish to be" I winked as I snaked my arm around her waist to give her a kiss.

"Good evening future hubby" she smiled into the kiss.

"What are you cooking?" I asked smelling the air.

"Well I thought you clearly don't want to eat Italian food at the moment" she awkwardly laughed. "So I've gone for paella" she said, lifting the lid of a massive pan revealing a bubbling concoction of rice, vegetables and different meats.

"It looks amazing" I kissed her on the cheek and the grabbed a beer out the bottom of the fridge, I handed one to Tommy as well.

"How was your girls day?" Tommy then asked.

"Aidans found the dress" Maura blurted out.

"Oh wow, what does it look like?" I asked.

"I can't tell you" Aidan winked whilst she handed me a bowl of the paella she just made.

"She looks like a princess in it though" Molly said, looking like she was about to cry.

"Molly for fucks sake if you cry one more time today" Maura said.

"I bet it looks amazing on you" I smiled.

"Thank you darling" she smiled. "How about you? Have you got the suits for you and the guys?"

"Yeah course" I lied.

Aidan has pretty much organised the whole of the wedding, mainly because I've been busy with the end of the season, trying to recover from injury and then getting called up for the euros. She didn't want me to stress with having to do other things. One thing she did leave me to do however was the suits for myself and my groomsmen.

"You haven't got the suits have you?" Maura whispered to me.

"No"