A G

Aidans POV

From: Jack.

I need answers, come over at 7.

It has been a week since Jack found out about Ben and I. I was staying at my mum and dads up in Birmingham as I was too scared to face Tyrone. I so badly didn't want to see Jack, the thought making me feel sick, but I knew I owed it too him.

I got changed into a pair of black joggers with a black vest - not really being in the mood to dress up. I flung my brown hair into a bun and added white trainers before I jumped into my car.

The route to Jacks house came naturally to me, I didn't even have to think. I forgot that he actually got this house for him and I to start a family in. Now he is living there alone. I parked my car on the driveway and rang the doorbell. He answered the door but don't say anything.

"You didn't take down the photos huh?" I asked. I looked around and the house looked exactly the same as over a year ago when I still lived here. "I'm sure plenty of girls have said something when they come over"

"I haven't had any girls come over" he said, bluntly.

"I don't believe you" I laughed , trying to break the atmosphere.

"I don't lie, unlike you" he scoffed. "Sit" he then added , pointing to a chair. I didn't reply but followed his instructions.

"How many times?" Was all he asked.

"Every week since I came to london"

"He's my best friend you know" he said, his voice low.

"I never did it when we were together"

"That's not the point, how should I know you're telling the truth anyway" he said, jaw clenched.

"What's the point of lying anymore like" I shrugged.

"You know I thought about you everyday" he said.

"And I thought about you too"

"What when you were sitting on his dick" he spat back. "And making me feel like I was the bad person"

"It just happened, there was no feelings involved" I huffed. "He just reminded me of you so much, it felt comfortable"

"Then why didn't you come back to me? You knew I would of taken you back in a heartbeat"

"I'm stubborn"

"That's a shit excuse" he said. We sat in silence for the next couple of minutes.

"Should I go?" I coughed.

"You're not leaving until we figure this out" he said. "I fucking love you so much it hurts"

"And I love you too, I really do. I was an idiot, such a big idiot. I regret everything. I was so dramatic, I should of forgave you after the driving incident. I think about us all the time, I've never been happier when I was with you. Don't you remember when we went to Bali and that woman came over to us and wanted to take all the photos of us because we were so in love and all that - that's what I miss. You make me happy - so happy" I went over and sat next to him. I took his hand in mine and twirled our thumbs together.

"I need time to think" he huffed. He couldn't look me in the eyes but they looked like they were welling up. 

"Think about what?" I asked. "We can be so so so happy together Jack. We can have the most perfect family, our son can play football whisky our little girl can be a rocket scientist or something. At Christmas I'll cook an amazing dinner and both our families will come over"

"I think you should go now"

"Please Jack" a tear rolled down my face. "I'm so sorry"

Jacks POV

"So what happened yesterday?" Tyrone asked me at training.

"We spoke" I said simply.

"And?"

"I really love her Tyrone"

"Then what is stopping you?"

"Erm maybe the fact for the last year she has been shagging my best friend" I laughed.

"But if you love her bro, you can deny it" he said. "She fucked up, don't people deserve a second chance?"

I knew Tyrone was right - I've always lived by that motto that people deserve a second chance. I didn't know if I was being stubborn or trying to protect myself. Either way I was conflicted in what to do.

Tyrone decided to invite himself over after training because he wanted someone to play fifa with - even though he could of done that at his house.

"Surely you have batteries somewhere" he said rummaging around everywhere.

"Probably" I shrugged, struggling to find interest in anything at the moment.

"Oh, what's in the box?" He asked as he picked out a small black velvet box.

"It's nothing" I snatched it out of his hand.

"Show me bro" he snatched it back before I could react. He opened the black box to reveal a sparkling diamond ring, he carefully took the ring out and inspected it. "A G?" He said out loud.

"Like i said it's nothing"

"What does A G mean?" He asked. He carried on mumbling away to himself, thinking out loud.

"Aidan Grealish?!" He shouted. "You were going to propose?"

"Well yeah" I huffed. "I booked a dinner for us for the day after I went out with you guys and her brother. I booked the place that I took her out for the first time - it felt like the right time to do it. We just moved in together and I really felt like we could of started a family"

"Do you still feel like this though? Like she could be the one?"

"Yeah course" I blurted out before actually thinking.

"Then do it!"

"What?" I laughed. "We ain't even speaking, I can't propose"

"Who says?" Tyrone laughed. "Who gives a shit, you love her and that's it. You don't want to lose her - again"

Before I could answer what Tyrone said the doorbell rang. We both gave each-other a confused look before I went to open the door.

"Aidan?" I was shocked.

"I walked past the fish and chips and thought of you so Erm yeah here you go" she awkwardly said and handed me a warm bag of food. I looked behind me and Tyrone had already disappeared.

"Come in" I said "it's raining"

"Oh, thanks" she smiled. "I got you two curry sauces" she added. 

"How much do I owe you?" I asked you.

"I think I owe you a million fish and chips" she laughed.

"A million and one" I winked.

"I'll get the order in" she joked back.

"So" she said after about half an hour of eating "do you still think you'll get married?" She asked.

"I don't think marriage is for me anymore"

"Really?" She said shocked. "How comes?"

"It's just too much commitment"

"Oh" she said, sounding disappointed. "Well maybe I should go - you've got a match tomorrow"

"Yeah, I'll see you around" I awkwardly smiled.

"Sure" she said. With that she walked out the door.

"Bro!" Tyrone jumped out of the spare room. "No way did you mean all of that?"

"Course I didn't"

"What?"

"I'm going to propose to Aidan"