Happy Enough

Jacks POV

"Babe, whatever you wear you will look fine in" I said for what felt like the millionth time this afternoon.

"Yes but it's a charity fundraiser, I can't be going about in a little vest and skirt" she huffed and continued to look through her wardrobe.

"You know what I mean" I huffed, beginning to get annoyed. "Just put on a dress and I'll be happy" We were in a hotel in London as the Football Association we're hosting their annual charity gala which most of the footballers in the premier league went too. Aidan sensed my bad mood and didn't bother to reply to me. She just sat down in front of the mirror and began to get ready.

A few hours later I changed into my suit and styled my hair as I usually have it and I was basically ready to go.

"Can you take a photo of me" Aidan said, the first time I'd heard her speak all evening. She came out of the bathroom with her make up and hair done to perfection. She had decided to wear a long with skirt with a leg slit in it and a matching white too that was off the shoulder but had long sleeves.

"Of course" I smiled, trying to redeem any friendship. She didn't smile back. Instead she just handed me her phone and did various different poses.

@aidansimms: just a photo of little old me in a swanky hotel🥺

She immediately posted it to Instagram with that caption. She would usually put something about the event she was going too or atleast tag me in the photo which she didn't.

"So you're just not going to speak to me for the rest of the night?" I said in the taxi.

"I'm in a dress I thought that would make you happy enough?" She spat back, referring to earlier.

"Oh come on" I huffed. "You know what I meant, no big deal"

"You know what, this event may not be a big deal to you but it is to me ok?" She said. "You've been going to these your whole life, I've been going to them for what, six months. Let alone with all these footballers and their wives. They know what to say and how to act. I'm just some girl of the telly for all they know"

"But you're not just some girl of the telly" I took her hand in mine. "You are Aidan Simms, the most beautiful woman in my world and that means more then anything"

"Even the wags who know what to do and say"

"Especially the wags who know what to do and say"

Aidans POV

I guess I was being moody with Jack because I was so nervous. I know to some people I am more famous then some of these footballers but these footballers are Jacks friends and a big part of his life. Just me with my big mouth will say something out of place.

"You'll be fine my love" Jack smiled as we pulled up to another swanky hotel further in London. "I promise, I'll be here" he reassured me one last time.

He led me into the hotel reception room which was filled with loads of guys and girls. They all had champagne glasses filled to the brim and were laughing between them. Jack took my hand into his and gave it a little squeeze for support.

"Champagne?" A waiter came over to us two.

"Thank you" jack smiled and handed me a glass and then taking one for himself. "See, not so bad" Jack whispered.

"We have been here for 3 minutes and we haven't spoken to anyone" I whispered back whilst smiling at various people.

"And" he said "it hasn't been that bad though" he winked.

"Hello, my chicken" I heard a familiar voice, just what I needed.

"Hey chicken" I smiled and gave him a hug.

"This event isn't really for you init?" He could tell my nervousness.

"It's just that I don't know anyone" I said. "Like I don't know what these people think of me, think of Love island" I added

"They can hardly judge you" he laughed. "Half of these wags have done plenty of shit in their time" he added, and with that basically dragged me over to a group of girls and ran off.

"Oh my god, you're Aidan Simms right?" A girl said to me.

"Ah yeah" I laughed awkwardly.

"I'm Ruby, Deles girlfriend" she smiled and then introduced me to a few other girls. "So, Deles told me about you and Jack" she wiggled her eyebrows. 

"Yeah" I smiled. "He's a good guy"  I added.

"You guys seem genuinely happy though" she said. "Unlike half the people in this place" she added. The other girls she was previously with had walked off somewhere.

"Well" I began to say.

"You don't need to lie to me" she laughed. "I don't want to be here either, these kinda girls ain't for me"

"Oh thank god for that" I laughed. "I get it's all for charity and that but I'd much rather give them my money and me chill at home with a pizza"

"Oh my god yes!" She clapped. "I'd told Dele to do that but he insisted that we came"

"I said the exact same to Jack" I laughed. "He wasn't having any of it"

"Atleast we have eachother now" she giggled. "You can't leave me now" she pouted and placed out her pinky finger.

"That sounds like a good deal to me" I laughed and wrapped my pinky around hers.

Ruby and I spent the rest of the night having way too much to drink and not taking the night seriously at all.

"Babe, come on this is a serious auction" Jack whispered to me as myself and ruby were cry laughing at something not serious.

"How about we all go get a McDonald's?" I said, getting even more bored and tired by the minute.

"Sounds like heaven" ruby said and pulled puppy dog eyes to Dele who was reluctant.

"We can't just leave" Dele responded.

"Why not?" Ruby said. "It's not like they are holding us captive" she said. They then began bickering between the two of them.

"See" Jack smiled at me. "I told you, you would make friends"

"Well, one friend" I laughed. "But still"

"One friend is enough" he said. "I can't have anyone else trying to steal you from me"

"You know I'm all yours" I said and planted a soft kiss on his lips.