TORN APART : CHAPTER 3

Chapter 3 — Take the Risk

We just finished talking before and until now, I'm still an idiot, thinking of something. I went straight to Layla's because it was a bit late. There weren't too many people so Miya, Lesley, and Layla and I ate. Of course and because we were so talkative, I had already told them of Hiro's proposal to marry me.

"Zein, are you sure about that?" Layla asked me.

"Hanababes, you can reject him. We all know what and who he is. We don't want to be hurt by his antics." Miya added, while Lesley held my left hand, and give her the reassuring smile.

"Well, don't you have a lot of dreams in life? It's a bit stressful because it's lovelife." Layla whispered so I laughed a little.

"But sis, there's nothing wrong with your decision. Whatever it is, if you think it's right, we'll support you. If being with him is what's best, then be with him. Besides, we can't say yet what he is. We can't judge him easily. " I saw shocked at what Lesley said that's why tears formed in my eyes.

"Bes .." and there I cried in front of them, but they came in front of me and hugged me. I felt their empathy towards me, and Lesley was patting my back.

Layla's was filled with my sobs. I can't just believe, that I would be married to someone. I don’t know why but there’s this thing in my heart that says, I’m happy, with the decision I’m going to make.

"We're here sis Hanabi. We will support you, just be happy. Ok?" I nodded and that's why, in the middle of our eating session, I hugged them.

I was so lucky to have them.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I’m in our classroom now, stunned outside the window. I saw students, who were playing football. I just smiled because Cairo is a good football player. There was no time I didn’t look at him. I also always shout at him every time they have matches, in case I'm a little sad because they were closer when cheerleader Kagura Shayne. Kagura was in the front, while I was just sitting on the bleachers. Cheer captain he's, I just watched.

He often smiled at Kagura, but he didn't even pay attention to me.

But, what happened yesterday, that's enough. Because we met closely, we also talked in depth, and most of all, he didn’t snob me anymore. Haysstt his hard to reach, too.

I also immediately turned to an empty seat. I remember 3 years ago, there was a handsome thief in our class. As in, even though he’s a thief, he’s handsome. He's so cool with his daily aura. And he was my bestfriend ..

Claude ... How I miss that name ...

Claude was the only one I could tell how dead I was in Cairo. He scolded me. As if he acts like my brother. Haystt ..

He advices me whenever I had problems, sometimes I get jealous because we are also close. He's one of the campus heartthrobs in the Senior High Era.

Of all the advice he gave, there was only one that struck me.

"Whenever you fall, don't give up. Instead, stand up, because there would be an opportunity that will lift you up from your fall."

I miss him. That incident, torn my heart. I was hurt that time, and I could do nothing but cry. I arrived late at their burning building. I was teary-eyed, including Lesley. We remember how close you were to us Claude. How he inspired his co-students, and how he changed Granger. Also, Granger cried a lot. Yes, I witnessed the hardships Grangy went through when he disappeared.

I saw him in the bar, drinking some hard beer while crying. It was Gusion's bar, which became Claude's bestfriend rin, and Granger didn't know that.

I work there as a waiteress in case I quit, because I'm a graduate and the bar is a bit far from where I work now.