TORN APART : CHAPTER 11

Chapter 11 - Happier

Hanabi's PoV

"Its tomorrow, isn't it?" Lesley asked me while we are eating our dinner. I nodded in return, thinking what will happen after our marriage.

I stared at Lesley as she put her hand above mine. I guess she felt that I was bothered up until this time.

"You can back out, Zein bes. If you're really not into marriage yet, you can back out. Just don't force yourself, are we clear?" she is talking to me like she's my old sister. I smiled to her so that she would be assured.

"I chose to pursue it bes. I'm so excited and nervous somehow." I chuckled lightly. She just nodded and we continued to eat our dinner.

I went out of the house to give myself a few more time of being alone. Lesley agreed and she was left on our apartment. I'm wearing my scarlet hoodie jacket, paired with black jogger pants with shades of scarlet also. I put my hands inside the pocket of my hoodie, and started to walk to where I would be brought by my feet.

I'm confused at some point. Why does Akihiro wants us to be married, where we can go through engagement first, so that we can know each other well.

I remember how he is consistent of telling me that he would marry me. I could see in his eyes, how he is serious, and his commitment to himself.

Behind those traits, I still doubt him. He is a great douchebag, a red-flag to be exact. I can't blame myself for that. I hope he would change his style. I want him to change for better. From a boy, into a man.

I stopped underneath a street light. I was at the park. The moon shines so bright tonight. The stars twinkle and in the vast dark sky, giving the best scenery we can see.

I went in the park, and sat at one of the benches. I roam around my eyes to see how beautiful darkness is. How the shadows are formed from blocking the moon's reflected light. It relaxes me.

While my eyes are roaming, I noticed someone who was standing, with his right foot leaning on a tree. I could see his eyes. They were staring at me blankly. His hands are also on his pockets, and he really looks cool with that. I become alert at some point and positioned myself. I even clenched my fist as he walked near to me. I shut my mouth when he exposed himself from the moonlight. He is now heading towards me, but I couldn't feel anything but excitement.

"Why are you here? Its too late in the evening." he scolded me so I pouted. He even gulped and looked on the other side instead.

"We'll, just giving myself some time. Tomorrow would might be a stressful day." I remained sitting while is standing in the front of me. I gave him space and do a signal that he should sit next to me.

He sighed as he flashed out his eyes into the sky. He seemed to be worried, but I'm waiting for him to open up his problem. I didn't urge to talk. He's usually silent when he had problems.

I've been stalking him for years, and so far, I knew some of his traits.

"You'll be married tomorrow." he said. I look at him and replied.

"Hmm." I also raise up my head in the sky. It was beautiful. Its worthy to be watched. I could feel how nice is the feeling of someone who loves to stargaze.

"I'm happy for you." I gaze upon him, who is still looking above. I'm not convinced with his tone. Its like he's against it.

"Thank you." I just uttered and did the same way he is doing right now.

Minutes had passed. I heard how heavy his breath was. He stood up and lend me his hand. I doubted it at some point. I recieved it and we walked together. He even intertwined our hands together. I just smiled a little bit and let him bring me to where we would go.