TORN APART : CHAPTER 33

Chapter 33 - Despite of Everything

Hanabi Zein's PoV

"You left me alone. Why can't you leave right now?"

I was startled with what he had said. He's really unpredictable.

"You easily did it 5 years ago. I'm asking you right now to leave me alone but why are you being so stubborn?" His tone becomes louder and louder. I can't talk when he's furious.

"I'm asking you Zein!" He shouted over me so I answered.

"Because your dad let me take care of you. He said it that I should take care of you!" I answered him but anger was still evident in his face.

"You could had just deny his offer! Why did you even take it?" He stopped for a while.

"Are you planning to take a revenge on me? Well then, it won't work anymore! I had enough!" I was shocked when he cried, again.

"Are you taking a chance for me while I'm weak? Please I'm begging you, Zein. Stop hurting me more." His eyes looked like he was begging.

"I'm just being thick-faced to say this but please, I'm begging you to go away. You're better at that, right?" He looked at me with struggle. With gloom.

"I'm sorry for everything I had done, Zein. I deserve this. I already knew it. If you're back for revenge on me, please do it instantly." He was now tearing down.

"Please kill me already." He said but I was looking at him furiously.

"Are you insane Hiro!?" I asked him so he answered.

"I'm already insane!" He growled. "Isn't it obvious? I'm already insane because of everything!" He retorted.

"I can't think well. I'm alone. I had nothing good in me left. Now, I deserve death, right? I'm asking you to kill me instantly, but please, not slowly." He said while laughing. He was really insane.

"How dare you to say that you are alone? You still have your father, your sidekick. Your friends!" I said but he just looked at me.

"I can't feel their presence anymore." He just looked away while wiping his tears. A minute later, he was now smiling at me like nothing happened.

"Yes you can hurt me, you can make me salty, you can imprison me, you can trample me, but never in my life will you get my will to love you." He repeated what I said years ago, when I was on college.

"I already did those. Everything. I hurt you, I trample you, I trapped and imprisoned you but you are fine as always." He started.

"You can rise up again, and you did. I'm so proud of you. I was a jerk for doing those to you. I'm a total jerk that deserved to be left." He said.

"I guess the world was very unfair. I wish I could stand alone like what you did. I wish I was strong like you. I wish I wasn't too emotional and vulnerable than you." He showed a weak smile over mine.

"It took you years before you gave up, and it was just months or a year that you already moved on. You already found Haya, who was my rival before you. While me, I'm still in the past of ours, and I don't want to move on anymore." I shook my head in disagreement.

"Everyone should move on Hiro. Please don't make it hard for you." I looked at him with pity but he just smiled at me.

"I can't move on. Hiro don't want to." He shook his head sideways like a child. I can't believe him.

"If staying in the past is something I can hold on, then I would hold on to those memories left behind." he said steadily.

"I'm hurting but I don't want to forget it. I don't want to move on without the same person to my side. I'm hurting and it was killing me slowly, but those are preciously made by us. I can't easily let those go." He added. Why is he so hardheaded?