TORN APART : CHAPTER 32

Chapter 32 — 7 Words

Hanabi Zein's PoV

Selena was not around. She said she was going on some errands. The three monkeys already took a break because they had a 'long' journey while going here. They book a hotel nearby.

Sir Akiro and Hanakage had something to deal with. They are not around, but they told me that I must guard Hiro no matter what. They had already told me ahead of what is his condition.

"Here. Read it Ms. Zein." Hanakage handed me over the records. I can't utter a word neither can react. I don't know but, there's a tear I felt in my heart when I saw his diagnosis.

He was diagnosed having a mental disorder called OCD. He was also considered as 'psychotic'.

"I knew Zein. That's why I'm asking you to take care of him. I guess, only you could heal him." Sir Akiro tap me on my shoulder before going out. Hanakage nodded before going out.

I remember that he was asking me to heal him, as what should I do in his life. I think this was already the answer.

I tried to interact with him. I really took care of him, but he's just pushing me away. He is way too rude. He would shout at me, he would ignore me, and he would insult me to the fullest.

It hurts. While me? I was staring to the guy who kept on pushing me away the following days. Well, I mean I was used to that treatment from him 5 years ago but, its somehow kind of new to me.

Actually, I just don't believe Selena's confrontation days ago. I mean, there are a lot of questions in my head. Why did he acted like that?

Or am I just delusionary to the reality?

I was shocked when I saw her in the hospital. She was still the classy Selena I knew back then. She's still the bitchy girl that Akihiro once loved.

"I told you not to meet me anymore back then." She said. I gulped hard as I look down. Of all the places, why should I meet her? In this time, or in this place?

"But, I guess the fate already made you draw near to him." She stepped onwards. I went to the side to let her enter the room.

I saw how her eyes glistened as she held Hiro's face. His jawline with bruises, his hands that are full of unusual spots. Her hands are shaking, I could tell. Of course, she loved this guy so much.

"You had been through this, Hanzo. I know you can survive. Please, don't let that light of hope be gone from you." She uttered. I saw how she wipe her tears that made me more speechless.

I shouldn't be here. She must be on his side as always.

Minutes later, she face me with a serious look. "Follow me." She said.

I followed her outside and she faced me seriously.

"You know what? I should give you a slap right now." She started. I just looked at her with drowsiness.

"You should deserve a slap right now for coming back." She gritted her teeth but still she managed to maintain her poise.

"Why did you come back, Zein? Do you had any assignments here? Did you come back and acted like nothing to him? Like you didn't leave him 5 years ago?" She said with a intonation. I gulped before I answer.

"H-he abducted me." I answered as I looked down. She just laugh a bit sarcastically.

"Well, you are lucky then. I guess you wouldn't really go back if he didn't abduct you." I was fused up with what she said. Did she just invalidate my feelings too?