TORN APART : CHAPTER 23

Chapter 23: The Masquerade

It was 4 in the afternoon. I had fixed the house like what I usually do. He would call me every hour just to check his house, and also me.

After that realization a few days ago, he went back into his old self again. He became more of a red-flag, but I guess, I need to hold on unto him, right?

It's because I love him. Very very much...

Early in the morning, Hanakage came into our home, for he was also invited in the masquerade ball. I even asked him what's that party all about. I mean I knew what a masquerade ball is but, there should be a hidden agenda behind those masks. He said that I must not worry, for whatever may happen, he is there to protect me.

How sweet, but I wished it was him who say so.

He nodded as he went out, for he had a task that he needed to be done. I was about to give him a treat but he declined because he was also in rush.

I went up to his room. I almost forgot that we are not together when we slept anymore, like the good old days. I sighed as I saw how blank it was. Maybe I should put more decorations inside?

But nevermind. I will do it on the other day instead.

I shrugged and went into the bed, where my dress was already fixed. It was an off-shoulder dress, with silver beads, which would really shine in the night. The overall design was simple, yet elegant. Aside from that, I had my mask in black and gray. Yeah it was a terno. My necklace was also in silver. However, my earrings are gold, like why is it needed to be a gold one!?

Of course it's a party, dummy.

I mean, they weren't fit at all for me, or it's just my taste is so different, I have no idea. The dress suits better, but I want my  earrings in silver. It's just my taste, though.

I kept those accessories inside the box, and tried to wear my earrings. It was a pair of silver earrings but it is so memorable for me. It serves as a remembrance from my mother, because she was using this earrings till the day she was alive. I smiled as I reminisce those moments and the memories we shared together.

As I wear the pair, I went into the mirror, just to smile to see how beautiful it was. I removed it again so that I may prepare myself.

I took a bath and fixed myself. I applied a simple make-up, like what Lesley taught me, mascara on my eyelashes and some blush-on on my cheeks. Hiro offered a make-up artist for me, but I rejected his proposal. I just want to be simple, all by my own. I leave my hair to wave all down to my shoulder. I wear the dress immediately as I finished wearing undergarments, because it was stunning alluringly, shining in the darkness in elegance.

I like it so much!!

I managed to fix myself in no-time. I immediately wore my 5-inches black glossy heels, which reflects the figures below from where am I stepping at. I already wear my earrings, my silver necklace and our wedding ring.

I was finished at no-time. I had my perfume, not the most expensive but the most scented of all. I took pictures of myself, a mirror shot and a selfie shot. It was both in fierce aura. I even managed to print it as well.

Right exactly after the printing, I heard some car noises outside. I immediately took my mask, with my silver shoulder bag. I was fetch by Hanakage. Hiro would just meet me at the venue itself. Actually, it was my first time to attend a masquerade ball, and it feels like an honor, I guess.

As I lock our house, I saw Hanakage who was standing by his car. He was in his black tuxedo with an white polo. He had his necktie in black. His hair was fixed upward on the right side, and I could say, he is handsome. I saw a piercing on his right ear, with a black earring, which was not hanged like usual.