TORN APART : CHAPTER 24

Chapter 24: I Guess

Hanabi Zein's PoV

Few days had passed when that masquerade event was over. I cannot do anything but to weep inside my room.

I thought I was strong enough. I thought I was brave in my own. I thought I could change him. I thought everything that I wish for. A happy ending, a happy family, and a forever that everyone wished for.

But those were only my thoughts. Ain't reality, but an imagination.

My tears shed once again on my cheeks, watering my face with agony and pain. A pain that I don't wanna share with others. A pain that I don't wanna let others to feel.

The pain of being degraded. The pain of being abandoned. The pain of being a choice for him to be happy.

And now, I think he would be happy with her first love, Selena.

I immediately fixed myself, washed my face with soap and water and wore an oversized white t-shirt and faded jeans. I wore my black rubber shoes with red shoelaces. I must do what am I about to do so.

I walked out and closed the door. I was about to go out when someone from behind with deep but trembling voice stopped me.

"Where are you going? Why do you look so good?" He suddenly asked me.

My feet trembled and I was weakened by his dominative presence. I can't reason out that I would go to the school because we haven't started yet.

"I'll just go out to see someone." I uttered while biting my lower lip due to nervousness. His eyebrows became pointed once again, and he was fused up again.

"How many times would I tell you that you can't meet another guy other than me!?" His tone rose up against me so I replied.

"I would meet a guy, so I will meet your dad." His eyes flickered, and his expression became confused. Those piercing eyes are now softened for no reason. He doesn't have an idea about such.

"What about him? What is it that you wanna tell about? I could ask him through phone, so why bother on going to the company?" He became more interested but I cut it out.

"I wanna ask him something about my identity. A serious conversation with him is all I need, and that has nothing to do with you. My apologies." He is more suspicious that I thought! My! What's up to him!?

"It has nothing to do but I deserve to know. Ain't I your husband? So why keeping secrets on me huh? Are you planning something!?" His tone rose up once again, so I went unto him to kiss his cheek and calm him down.

If only I could tell you...

"I would like to confirm something, ok? Its nothing suspicious hubby. I'll be alright. We would be alright." I assured him and that made him sighed like he was defeated.

"Okay. I'll come with you to the company. I would drive you." I shrugged and nodded. He immediately went upstairs to change his clothes.

"Hmm. Alright." I replied as I sat down in the couch to wait for him. He nodded and went up. I massaged my temple because I don't even want to let him know. However, I was feeling dizzy and I felt that I'm gonna puke. I rushed at the kitchen just to puke out what I had eaten. I coughed  a bit and my years became teary again. I could even feel that my stomach hits differently. I felt odd.

"Wife!," I bitterly responded as I heard him at my side. Me? His wife? Impossible.

"What happened? Are you okay? I think we should cancel it out. You're not ok." He said, worrying but I disagreed.