TORN APART : CHAPTER 38

Chapter 38 — The Clash

Hanabi Zein's PoV

"A..appa.."

His voice was grumbling as he saw the old man who was now standing nearby. I saw how the old man smiled. I can't say a word. It was my first time to see him crying.

I had seen him as a cold, devil, dark, evil guy, but now, he is crying crystal clear. His hand was shaking, not until he reached his father's face. He then hugged him so tight and his sob was the only clear one I had heard.

"A..appa.. Appa.." he was crying really hard on his father's shoulder. I could see the old man also hugged him so tight. Helcurt never opened anything about his family. Not even once.

He would always care about the others. I didn't knew he had this side. I've kinda see him as an arrogant, badass, evil guy, but he was like this.

I saw Klein walking near to me. He put his hand over my shoulder as he saw how vulnerable Helcurt was at this moment.

The cell was silent. No one dared to talk. It was just only him. A moment of his cry, in this dark mission of ours. But, who knows that he could meet his father right here, right now?

"I.. I'm sorry pa. I'm sorry." He cried really hard and loud. I won't mind if there would be enemies in here, but I was nervous right now. But, I saw how pitiful Helcurt was right now.

I just didn't realize how emotional he is.

I didn't notice that I had also cried from where am I standing. I'm happy for him, indeed. I was very happy for him.

I just realized that they were lucky. They were lucky because, they still had their parents. They are lucky because they have a mother. They are lucky because they still have a father that would guide them throughout their journey.

My tears are flowing. I was crying in pain and happiness at the same time. I just wished that I still had my parents right here, by my side, but I couldn't. I cried as I stare at their wonderful moment. My besties rushed through us and there, we cried like there is no other day than this. I could feel our traumas, our bad experiences, and finally, we are all together.

For a moment, just let us have this moment of ours.

"Bes.." Miya cried.

"You saved us bes, you saved us." Layla cried also. I just hugged them so tight. I saw another bestfriend of mine.

"I don't know how would I last but, thank you bestie. Thank you so much." Lesley had her mature voice, and there, we hug each other once again.

"Ya. That's enough. We still need to get out of here." Klein told us, so we break our hugs to each other to fix ourselves.

"Let us go out silently right now." Klein was about to clap when we heard a siren of red light. Helcurt immediately looked up and sighed. He held his gun again as he walked through a wall nearby.

The people started to panic. The loud sound make us all panic. We don't know what to do. We could even hear those footsteps that was about to approach us. I was shaking right now, but Helcurt immediately opened the other door. It was a secret passageway. He immediately went to his father.

"Dad. Please guide them out. Please don't get caught." He was worried again.

"But son.. it's dangerous inside.." His father was about to say something, not until he hugged him immediately.

"Dad. I won't slip unto you. Not now." He ensured his dad that he would be safe right now.

"Even so, Helcurt." His dad became strict but Helcurt looked back at him. They were staring emotionlessly to each other.