TORN APART : CHAPTER 40

Chapter 40 - No Matter What it Takes

Hanabi Zein's PoV

"Hey..."

Cold breeze started to blow over my body. The winds started to fly my hair behind my face. The sun was already setting but, I kept on looking at the grave. The name of the deceased was written. My tears had flowed out of my eyes. I just can't believe what happened a year ago.

I placed the flowers in his grave. His cool pose on his picture frame will be missed. Why? Why did he followed Claude?

"I just missed you. You are so good to me but, why? Why did you do that?" I sobbed and kneel down.

It was a year ago when the siege had ended. I didn't know what happened but, the moment I was looking for him, I was startled. I didn't manage to heal but to cry over and over again.

"I.. it's my fault... Isn't it?" I didn't mind the tears that flowed on my cheeks, my tears, are watering the ground. I just can't accept it. H..how? Why? How did he?

I just kept staring on the grave. I just saw a hand with a white handkerchief. His veins in his hand is evident. I took it just to wipe out the tears in my eyes.

"He's happy Zein... He was always been happy..." I didn't mind but I immediately hugged him.

"K..kurt.." he kept on patting my head while I was releasing my agony towards him. I didn't wish one of us would die. I didn't wish thay one would need to sacrifice. I didn't ask for someone to follow Claude.

All I want is a happy life...

"Hush... Stop crying Zein. I wouldn't like to be killed by him. I still love my life." He said so I looked at him confusingly.

I was startled when I saw a gun click on the side of his head. It was now pointing in his skull!

This is not a good joke!

"I told you not to mess with my property, Mondragon." He grinned but Helcurt smirked.

"She wasn't yours bro. She's into mine. Right bestfriend?" He even winked at me that made the latter infused with all anger.

"Fvck you!" He grabbed the collar of his friend but I stopped him. My, not at the cemetery! I glared at him so hard. Its harsh but, I use my card against him for him to stop.

"I would leave you." He stopped and he let go of his friend immediately, putting him on the ground immediately. He was now pouting while looking at the ground. His eyes are now down like he was being scolded.

"H-hey. I...I'm sorry w..wife... D.. don't leave me please?" He was startling while speaking. He even bit his lower lip to stop himself from crying. It felt like my heart was struck by his situation. He's not like this before. He tried to reach for my clothes and he gently stop me from going. He looks like a dog, begging for his owner not to leave him.

Of course I wouldn't leave you silly beast.

I would like to say those words at him but, I think I shouldn't do that right now.

"Of course I won't." I immediately pinched his cheeks while he was partly smiling towards mine. I can't see him smiling right now. My, what I have done to him?

"Don't be jealous hubby, hmm? I'm only yours, remember that." I said in a cute tune so he would be happy but his emotions never changed. He was about to cry.

"I.. I'm still sorry w..wife. I.. I'm just too scared.. I'm s..sorry if I'm c..crazy.. I.. I'm sorry if I wasn't m..mentally stable..." He cried immediately like a baby but I hugged him again so that he would be calm.