TORN APART : SPECIAL CHAPTER I

Special Chapter I — The Beginning

"Thank you so much." She said to the guy. He smiled and walked away. I don't know what to do. I had nothing but this hairclip.

I was thinking if I could give this but she approached me.

"Hey kid, why is your face like that?" I looked at her and smiled wryly.

"His gift was better than mine." I said but she laughed.

"I'm not into the gift." She grabbed my gift to me. I was shocked. I never knew she would appreciate this. It made my mouth fell open with what she did.

I don't know but I can't never wear out my smile. She opened it, and a hairclip popped out. It was silver with a shade of scarlet. Her eyes were astonished with my gift.

You did it Hanzo. You made her smile.

"Wow. What a nice gift you have oh!" She immediately wore it in her hair. I smiled so wide. She's already a goddess with her hairclip.

"Thank you so much." She said as she immediately kissed my right cheek. I had nothing to say anymore. She lured me harder, and that made me blush. She even laughed with that moment.

She was a girl of my dreams. She was like my mom, my beloved mother. She was a cheerful, lovable, alluring lady. She was demure, a complete opposite of mine.

I want myself to be a part of her life. I picture myself being with her, together, and building our dreams throughout eternity.

"I want her for me."

I raised my hand to point my finger on the girl in the middle of the aisle. Her smile is still the best, even though 12 years had passed. She's beautiful on her debut, and I bet it would be more beautiful if I'm on her side.

"Do you love her?" my buddy and sidekick Hanakage asked by my side. I just chuckled as I sipped my wine while staring at her beautiful face.

"I don't know. Its just, my eyes are laid down on her. And I think, she can rule over me." I smiled when I saw her, dancing from her 17th rose partner. I was still nervous when the emcee called me by my nickname, as I had requested.

"And for the last dance, we have Kiro."

I didn't want her to know me. Ever since, she was so afraid and scared of me. I was glad that she can't remember me of who am I.

"Ya! Stop it! Bad guy!"

I was bullying Cairo that time for being so lame, and it was her who threw something on me. I was so angry that time. She went immediately to Cairo, who was now crying in pain. I picked a stone and I glared at her, but I was abided by her modesty. I felt something unusual inside me that made me allured by her beauty.

I parted my mouth, and smirked at her.

"So what if I was one of those bad guys?"  I asked her curiously.

"Then I hate you! I hate you of who you are."

Those stuck in my head. I don't want her to hate me. I immediately threw out the stone from behind and kneeled down on Cairo to say sorry to him although it's not wholeheartedly.

"I'm sorry." I uttered while glaring at him. Why? I just hate him so much.

I groaned in pain when she smack my head with her hands.

"Liar! Go away from here!" She was angry, so I chose to run away from them, instead.

I haven't saw her ever again, since that day. I was having a hard time, as a kid to find her around, so I decided to stop finding her anymore.

I was so lucky that fate abides in me, and I saw her again after 12 years. My heart stopped for a bit when I saw her again. I couldn't help myself but to keep myself excited. After my mom's death, she became my light. She became my hope. My everything.

She smiled as she approached me. I was glad that we are still on our masks, since it is a masquerade party. I even begged her auntie just to be her last dance. Her aunt wasn't even convinced because she knew nothing about me, but I insisted.

"Happy birthday, Nabi." she giggled and that made me smile a bit. My heart was like racing with pumps right now. I felt the hard throbbing of my feelings for her. I took her hand and danced together. I danced her to the way that she won't forget this night.

"Thank you." her smiles made me nothing but to be fluttered. Just how cute this damn girl of mine. I'm already happy by just staring at her all day and night.

Damn, I do really love her.

I thought that love would last longer, but for the first time, I fell out of her. I fell out of love at her in just a snap. This is not normal but, it's because of the curse that was flowing inside us.

Because of that damn curse, my chances are now slipping out. My chance to prove myself that I love her.

From that fall out, I found my first love, Selena. She filled out my everything. She acted like a sun on my darkest days. She let me feel that there's no wrong on loving someone like me. Even though it costs her dignity or image, she really show me that I was a worth for her. In the same way, I was returning her love. I really love her. I want her by my side always. She let me feel safe and sound.

Not until she left me... She left me because she wanted to pursue her dreams.

Am I not enough for her? I mean we can be still in a relationship despite of her being afar, but she didn't want to. She didn't even had a proper closure for the both of us. I was devastated that time. I think that was for five months. I was devastated because she left me. It's felt so hard to cope up with others, to let myself get used without her on my side.

She really love me, and I love her, but she made me down again from the darkness. She lifted me, and I depended for the thought that I would be in the light, but I was wrong.

She let me slept out, again.

I became a notorious red flag. Everyone in the campus knew who am I. I wasted myself, I do vices and some one night stand with others. Why would they even mind, anyways? It's my life, not theirs. They didn't know how much pain I had to be relieved on.

But again, while I was lying in the darkness, another light shine upon mine. It was more brighter than Selena's and her smiles embraces my cold body over the darkest grave. It's her light. I was enlightened by Hanabi's light.

No one could do this, except for her.

:)