Schools and manors

I was at work in the gym and while I was having a break, Stephanie walked over.

"That's not gym attire." I joked a little. "Hello."

"Hi." She kissed both my cheeks. "No, it's not but I'm not here to give you this." She handed me a small box.

"What is it?" I opened it and pulled out a rose corsage. "Are you asking me to a prom?"

"In a way." She laughed a little. "I'm throwing a huge birthday party and it has, like, a 1950s prom theme so that is your invite. And obviously Alex's as well. I'm giving all these to the boys to give to their girls but I thought this would be a good opportunity to clear the air."

"Yeah, definitely."

"I know we've had some ups and downs but..."

"It's water under the bridge." I told her. "I feel like a lot has changed since the Maldives, I do want to apologise for how things went down because everything was kinda blown out of proportion and I don't really know how or why but I do get it was pretty shit for you as well."

"No, like you said, water under the bridge."

"I would love to stay and chat but my next client just got here so I have to get back work."

"Yeah, no, of course."

"I will catch up with later then." I kissed both her cheeks. "Thank you for the invite."

"Of course, I will leave you too your work. I will see you later."

"Yeah."

She walked off and I got back to work.

After work, I went over to Alex's.

"Hello." I walked in and kissed him.

"Hey babe, how was work?"

"It was good." I put my bag down and we sat on the sofa together. "Guess who came in on my break."

"Who?"

"Stephanie Pratt."

"Really?" He chuckled out of surprise. "What did she want?"

I grabbed the box and showed him the corsage.

"She gave you a half dead rose?"

I laughed a little. "It's a corsage. She's throwing a 1950s prom themed birthday party. So she's giving these to all the boys to give to the girls because it's like an American tradition but she said she thought it would be a good ice breaker to clear the air with me."

"So are you two all good now?"

"Yeah, I guess. I mean we're never going to be best friends but we don't dislike each other."

"Does this mean you're gonna drag me out shopping for 50s outfits?"

"Don't pretend like you don't love it." I smiled humorously.

It was surprisingly easy for Alex to find an outfit but of course it took me forever to find a dress.