Avoidance

Harry and I went to meet Digby and the second we saw him it was painfully obvious how hungover he was.

"Hey." I smiled and sat down.

"Is it sunny in here boy?" Harry asked somewhat mockingly at Digby being sat (inside) with his sunglasses on.

"I would stand up but I can't. I am struggling mate." Digby admitted.

"How are you doing, boy?"

"Yeah, I'm alright." Digby took his sunglasses off. "I've been going out so much."

Harry chuckled slightly. "It looks like it mate."

"Oh, mate, I've had so much fun these last couple of weeks." Digby grinned.

"What have you been up to?" I queried.

"I've been to Ibiza, it was unbelievable. How are you guys?"

"Yeah, we're good." Harry nodded.

"You guys have been away haven't you?"

"Yeah, we went to Hawaii which was surreal." Harry told him.

"Obviously I'm Croatia, you and Sammy, what's happening there now?"

"I don't think, like, the trust will be there as much as it was but, yeah, we're boys, we're... we've moved on from it, like..."

"It's nice to be able to have my best friend round the house without having to worry about any tension." I added.

"So you've put everything to bed?"

"Yeah." Harry confirmed.

"That's good, mate, that's good."

"How are you feeling since Croatia?" Harry asked.

"Um, yeah, mate, I mean..."

"Have you spoken to her since?" Harry followed up.

"No, nothing mate."

I was quite surprised. "Not a thing?"

"Not a thing." Digby half shrugged. "The emotional strain that girl has put me through is ridiculous. No bloke would take that. She blocks me on Instagram. She deletes every picture of me on her Instagram."

"It's to make life easier." Harry explained. "Not just for her but for you as well, mate."

"Mate, she sacked me off." Digby reminded him defensively. "That's the reaction I should be having. She's the one who's broken my heart."

"I know, mate, I know and it's so hard." Harry sympathised.

"She's shown her true colours. You know? Yes, it hurts, yes, it still hurts and... I can't switch emotions off and I do still love her obviously."

"If you focus on yourself, do what makes you happy, that is the best way to move on." Harry advised.

"I don't think you should go on, go as hard as you have been going." I told him honestly.

"Yeah." Harry agreed. "I know it does sort of distract you but don't do thing to try and get her attention, don't do things to, like-"

"Mate, I'm not trying to get her attention, I'm not, I don't..."

"Come on. You are, I think."

"Harry, I promise you, mate, I am not trying to get her attention at all, I'm just doing me, mate, I'm just getting on with my life."

"I think the best thing now for the both of you is to just cut all ties and move on and then you can be happy." Harry said.

"Yeah."