Keys

Louise, Ryan, Sam, Harry and I were all out furniture shopping together and obviously, Sam was being a child. Jumping onto beds and shit.

"Hey guys." I smiled as Harry, Ryan and I walked over to Sam and Louise.

"Hello Sammy, the homeowner."

"Yep, that's right."

"This is a bit high end for you mate." Harry mocked.

"Mate, I'm getting one twice the size of this sofa."

"This is- this is very Louise." Harry pointed out.

"He's already gone way over budget." Louise told us.

"How are things with you two?" I looked between Ryan and Louise. "How's the promise ring?"

"Wait, wait, wait, wait, wait. Can I see the ring?" Harry asked.

Louise held her hands up slightly. "So I haven't actually got it on because-"

"You don't have it on?" I furrowed my brows with a confused chuckle.

"So it's a promise ring which is like meant for, like, on an eternal basis, which you're meant to wear the whole time..." Harry thought aloud.

"Doesn't even wear it." Sam shook his head with a smirk.

"And do you want to know why? Because it doesn't fit on any one of my fingers. It's too big." She explained. "I think for now, if we just choose something else, like maybe a piece of furniture for the house."

"So he's done this grand gesture by getting you this promise ring which is like... are you still on the six month plan on the course for the engagement? Are we still, are we still on that timeline?"

"Bubs you really don't help situations." I shook my head and laughed slightly at my boyfriend's ability to make things more awkward than they need to be.

"The funny thing is that I don't plan when we get engaged." Louise told him.

"Well I didn't get the promise ring right. So I need to re-measure her fingers." Ryan half joked.

"This is, like, the year for getting a lot of money in the bank and then, you know, weddings are expensive." Louise said.

"Year of building." I nodded approvingly.

"A year of building and then a wedding a year after that and then kids."

"That sounds like the plan then." Ryan agreed.

"Two years until you're actually walking down the aisle then, Ryan." Sam clarified. "They go like lightening man."

"You're not helping Sam. But guess what? You're not gonna be needing a super king bed because you're gonna be sleeping in a single from now on." Louise jabbed.

"Oh, daggers mate." I couldn't help but laugh.

"Sammy, mate, I wouldn't take that." Harry told him somewhat jokingly.

"Should we get bunk beds?" Sammy jokingly asked me.

"Mate, my house is nicer than yours." I mocked.

"I'm just getting hit from every angle." Sam pretended to stab himself in the gut. "If you do need help getting rings, looks like you need to ask Harry." Sammy grabbed my hand. "Look at this thing."