Block out the bullshit

Harry and I went out to breakfast with Habbs and Sam and even though they were still my best friends I did feel a little awkward about it all.

"So you guys are official?"

"We are." Sam happily punched the air.

"You've got a girlfriend." Harry grinned. "I'm so happy for you guys."

"I'm going out with Habboo."

"Finally." I laughed a little.

"Bella seems overjoyed." Habbs sarcastically joked.

"No, I'm obviously super happy for you guys, you're my best friends. I'm just glad there are no more grey areas and hopefully nobody else gets hurt."

"I am really sorry that you got put in that position of being in the middle of it all." Habbs apologised.

"I don't know why you were so in the middle though." Sam thought aloud.

"Because you two are my best friends and Tristan is my friend as well so..." I half shrugged. "Anyway, I thought you would've been making your new girlfriend breakfast in bed, Sammy."

"She doesn't stay at mine mate." Sam chuckled. "Well she does but she's got her new flat."

"I've got my new crib." Habbs smiled. "Yeah but I will be. It looks like I'm gonna be coming roun to yours a lot more often now because Miles is just taking over the house. I mean, literally, guys, it stank of booze. Even nights he's having in there's a random bird that he's been talking to on social media who's coming round and sleeping with him and I can hear them having sex next to my room." Harry stifled a laugh as Habbs continued. "He's also got into this like weird habit where he just keeps talking about people, like, really negatively and I'm just like..."

"Really?" Harry looked a little surprised. "Like what's he saying?"

Habbs hesitated for a second. "He chimes in about you quite a bit."

Sam immediately started laughing a little.

"Really? What does he say?" Harry enquired.

"He's just like, oh Arabella's like lost her identity and is like merging into Harry. That sort of thing."

My jaw dropped. "No?"

Habbs continued. "They don't do anything alone, like, they're joined at the hip."

"What, because we're in a really happy content relationship...?" Harry looked at me kind of confused.

"I don't even know what to say, like, what the fuck?"

"He also says like, oh Harry's a 28-year-old guy, he just doesn't even know what he's doing and doesn't have anything going for him." Habbs said. "Basically like, you should get your shit together."

"What? Are you mad?" Harry dryly chuckled. "Why's he being so busy? Like, getting involved in like... he's supposed to be one of your best mates."

"Yeah, I mean I've known him for a long time so I know what he's like, but I never would've guessed that he was saying shit like that behind my back. Like, as one of my best mates, why wouldn't he come to me if he had a problem? It's just fucking bizarre." I wanted to move on so I changed the subject. "So I actually had lunch with Tristan yesterday and he told me everything but, like, what happened?"

"So, Tristan came up behind us while we were kissing and picked that exact time to saunter over." Sam explained somewhat.

"I mean, to be fair, like, I get it." Habbs sympathised. "It's just embarrassing for him, isn't it."