38

"Here"

"Here"

Renjun muttered handing Eunha a jacket from the back of his car-the girl mumbled a thank you making herself comfortable in the heated seat.

Eunha told Renjun her adress, watching as the boy opened the map on his phone-just a bit of precaution so they won't get lost.

No more words were exchanged  after that as the car's roaring engine filled the silence, Eunha bit her lip as she played with her thumbs.

Her eyes occasionally gazed at Renjun-examining his features that screamed 'total boyfriend material'.

His hair falling over his brown eyes, street lights framing his face just right-her eyes traveled to his sharp nose then to his plump lips.

He held the steering wheel in one hand while the other was hung lazily on the side of the door-her gaze flickered upwards again to his once again hair that was dyed a different color.

How does he still have hair?

It hadn't even been a month when she last saw him with his previous updo and now it was different once again.

"Is there something in my face?"

His eyes met hers for a moment before focusing back on the road, before giving her a fleeting gaze.

"No, I just-is your hair still alive or is that a wig?"

Now that she uttered those words she couldn't help but feel like an idiot, it sounded more plausible when she thought of it.

Renjun chuckled at the girl's question-if it was Shotaro or any other person that asked, he might've taken offense.

But then again Eunha wasn't just any other person was she? Maybe that was part of the reason why Renjun was amused.

"One yes, two no"

"Is it soft?"

He opened his mouth to answer but closed it again, brows furrowing at the question that was dumb-well for him at least.

"I think so?"

And with that answer, silence once again consumed them until they reached a gate all too familiar to Eunha.

"Thank you for dropping me off"

She fiddled with her thumbs as she pushed the button to release her seatbelt-Renjun looked at her, hand still on the steering wheel.

Eunha returned his gaze, her throat running dry as he stared at her as if she were prey. He held his gaze for a few more seconds before he looked away clearing his throat.

"Be safe going in"

"Renjun"

The boy's head snapped towards her direction, getting whiplashed from the speed he turned his head.

Eunha looked down on her lap, hesitating on what to say next-she had uttered the boy's name without actually thinking about what to say.

"Nevermind, thank you again"

Renjun watched as she hopped out of the car and disappeared behind the safety of her home's gate.

Though he'd never really admit it, he stayed a few minutes just to make sure that she was safely inside before driving away.

As soon as he was a few meters away from her house though, he could feel his ears redden and heat rush to his cheeks.

He held a hand to his mouth to hide his blush from no one in particular.

He coughed as he tried to get the mental image of her looking ethereal sitting in his passenger seat with the streetlight illuminating her features.

He could feel his heart thumping against his ribcage the more he thought about it.

Renjun was sure he rivaled a tomato now, he shook his head in an attempt to get her out of his head.

This is the mate connections fault.

He thought in a desperate attempt to make excuses for the way he was feeling-he didn't know how or why he came to like her.

Maybe the nights where they meet at the tree? Or was it that she seems to appear wherever he goes.

Whatever it was, it sure is making his head feel fuzzy with love.