52

Eunha fiddled with her thumb as she rubbed her hands together, she stood waiting below the oak tree the both of them would meet

She bit her lip, pacing back and forth as she was stuck in her thought. It wasn't too late to back out right? She could just make up an excuse, couldn't she?

She looked up as lavenders and roses invaded her senses, somehow it felt calming to her-before she was reminded of the reason why she was here.

"What could be so urgent that you'd bother me minutes after we parted ways?"

"But you came here in less than a minute?"

Renjun huffed before looking to the side, thankful that it wasn't that bright for her to see the hues of pink dusting his cheeks.

"What do you need anyway?"

"Uhm-does the offer still stand?"

Eunha could only bite her lip once again, she looked at Renjun's confused expression.

"What offer?"

"You know what never mind! I'll just go-"

Before she could make a swift escape however the boy held her back by the arm, her eyes widened at the slightly closed proximity but kept her calm nonetheless.

"It seems important, what offer?"

"You know, that time-you told me if I wanted to get over Jaemin"

Her eyes glancing anywhere but him, as realization dawned upon Renjun. His face once again flushing red as he remembered the details and how close his face was to hers.

He coughed out, getting a gist of what she wanted to tell him-he would be lying if he said some part of him wasn't happy.

"I mean never mind about it, it was a stupid idea to as-"

"It still stands"

Eunha looked at him wide eyed, finally meeting with his gaze-she swore she could faintly make out the blush on his cheeks but that can't be can it?

"What?"

He sighed as he ruffled his hair, letting go of her hand as he grumbled out his response.

"I said the offer still stands"

The two of them stood there for a few minutes as Eunha began processing the situation inside her head.

She felt her heart suddenly beginning to beat fast, a feeling she couldn't really explain-nervousness but a good one of some sort.

"A-Are you sure?"

"I wouldn't have told you if I wasn't now would I?"

She felt a shiver run down her spine as she got a good look at Renjun. Ethereal as ever, he seemed to shine brighter than the stars behind her-something about him was comforting, enough for her to be so selfish to ask him this.

"Why are you helping me?"

He looked at Eunha for a moment before pursing his lips together.

"You don't need to know, now tell me-will you date me or not?"

"It's for show right?"

"Yep"

Silence fell upon the two of them once again, although this time they were leaned under the oak tree-somehow the old organism becoming witness to what happens between the two of them.

"Renjun will you be my fake boyfriend?"

"As long as you become mine, sweetheart"