47

Eunha chuckled having lost count of how many times she had heard that phrase- no thanks to Renjun telling her that

"I am, Hyuck. I hate it! How could I've blurted that out?!"

"I don't know don't ask me"

The boy raised his hand in defense as he sat down on one of her chairs, Eunha sat across from him clutching a throw pillow up to her chest.

"I'm afraid I'd tear all of us apart"

The boy looked up in offense as his brows furrowed at her.

"Don't say nonsense! Of course you won't!"

"But- Jaemin-"

"Yeah so? Jaemin understands! You know, he knew"

Her brows knitted at his statement- she felt her heart hammering against her chest once again.

"Jaemin knew you had a crush on him, since two week ago"

Eunha's eyes widened, her mouth gapping like a fish as she racked her brain for answers as to how.

"I- I was careful not to think about it, how?"

"Beats me, he just came up to us one day and told us not to tell you"

"I really am an idiot"

The girl sighed out as her head fell on the pillow she was clutching just earlier. Haechan nodded at her statement- knowing there was really nothing he can do about it except listen to her woes.

"I don't know if I can face him"

"Well you should, a bit of discomfort now can save a lot of pain later on"

"I know- but I don't know if I'm ready for things to change between us"

He sighed one again, taking his seat next to her as he held her hand. For his whole lifetime that he knew the girl this was his first time seeing her like this.

She was always a take charge person- doing things in her own crazy beat dragging the boys along with her.

And for Haechan to see her so distressed, going back and forth between her decisions was unsettling to him.

"Things will only change if you let it"

The both of them stayed silent in the room, Eunha clenching her teeth together as more tears threatened to fall out.

"You know"

The boy started as he stared off in the distance, although he smiled Eunha could feel the sadness behind it.

"I got rejected too"

"You got what?"

"Remember the day you got cramps and Jaemin took you to the nurses office? I got rejected the day before"

The girl stammered once again, her brows furrowing again  in confusion.

"Hyorin rejected me"

"WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME?!"

The girl screeched making Haechan stumble back and almost fall from his chair.

"it didn't matter at the time! What I'm saying is, yes I got rejected but that cleared out the complicated feelings I've been hiding"

The room stayed in silence once again as he continued to talk.

"We sorted things out, and became better friends- honestly I'm still hurting when I think about it, but I'm doing better now. I'm not saying it won't hurt because you've loved him all your life.

But I can't have the two of you breaking apart because you can't tell him what you really feel and he can't tell you his"

I need friends like Hyuck pls😢