04

Hues of red and orange filled the night sky, the flames burned higher than the eyes could see

Eunha's vision was filled with nothing but red and orange. Her voice got stuck through her throat.

Wanting to scream out but she can't, everything burned around her. Her body was littered in crimson red and burns.

Oddly enough she doesn't feel the damage done to her, yet tears streamed down her eyes.

"H-Help"

She desperately cried out, she looked down at her arms noticing the small frame she was clutching. The flames were dangerously close to her body the heat making her hiss.

"What an unfortunate soul, well I can't do anything about it"

"Please help me"

Eunha's eyes widened, the familiar man infront of her. She desperately clutched his feet. He turned to her in distaste, giggling as he stomped on the girl's hand.

"Oh why would I help you if I want you to die you little bitch"

A gun was pointed towards her, the man crouched down to her level. His hand reached out to her black ears wet with blood. And with a sickening grin and an eery voice he called.

"Goodbye"

Eunha jolted awake cocooned in the comforts of her silk blanket. Her eyes widened as she scanned her surroundings letting out a sight of relief when she saw the familiar walls and pillars of her room.

She carefully slipped out her bed, raking a hand through her hair. She placed a soft hand to her black wolf ears, checking to see if anything had happened to them.

She sighed again, her ears retreating back to her head. She touched her human ears, touch examining every piercing in the soft skin.

Eunha paced around her room, knowing full well that she was going bat shit crazy. The nightmare-or the memory- kept playing on her mind like a broken casket player.

Deciding enought was enough she opened her closet and took the first jacket she could find.

She opened her bedroom window, looking out the peaceful night sky before jumping out. She landed on her feet as she ran away from the mansion, careful not to let anyone see her.

She ran until she reached an all too familiar clearing. Different flowers littered the place, a single tree was in the middle.

It provided some shade in the morning but it was Eunha's safe haven at night. She looked up the stars, counting down every constellation she could see.

"Why are you here?"

She stood up alarmed and on her guard, her nails turned into claws as she scanned the area.

"No need for that"

Eunha tilted her head, looking at Renjun as he climbed down the tree.

"Why are you here?"

"I should be asking that"

Renjun rolled his eyes sitting a few feet away from the girl. He sighed taking in the cold air as he spoke slowly, his voice soft yet firm at the same time.

"It's peaceful here besides I always come here"

"Then why haven't I seen you before?"

"You must be blind then"

Renjun snickered to himself, to which Eunha returned with a frown.

"I had a nightmare"

"I didn't ask"

"God! I'm trying to befriend you here!"

He stared at her for a good second before standing up.

"I don't need a friend"

Before she could protest he was already walking away, disappearing into the cold air of the night.