Bloodthirsty

Requested by MarvinaMaged <33

Hope you all enjoy~

Walking down the streets of a bustling city at midnight probably isn't the best choice, specially if you're a woman.

New York has been different ever since Tony Stark revealed his newest invention. Jaws dropped when he revealed he was the man in the iron suit flying around the city. Of course it was shocking, but also incredibly plausible given how the billionaire is known for his eccentricity.

And now there's talk of Steve Rogers, the original Captain America, the one who fought in World War II, actually being alive, and that his body was preserved in the snowy alps the plane crashed into.

Yes, all those things are peculiar. Impossible to happen at first glance, but little do they know New York has a living myth roaming their streets.

-

You've always liked walking the streets in the dead of night because you don't know what you'll see or what you'll face in this mad city. Sometimes, there'd be loud couples in alleyways. Maybe there would be a mugging you'd come to prevent. Or even a group of people who don't know any better, trying to assault you from behind.

You heard their footsteps behind you, getting quicker as you increased your pace. You tried to slow down to see what they would do.

They whispered among themselves. However, you could hear them excellently.

You stopped dead in your tracks. "Wouldn't want to do that now," you taunted. Your voice hollow and evil, it scared the men for a moment until they remembered you're alone.

"What'd you say?" one of them asked.

"Oh? I said nothing. I think you need your hearing checked out."

"This bitch..." The man shook his head.

You head tilted, glaring at him menacingly. The men started to laugh, then your eyes turned blood red. They stopped their giggling, and gave you all of their attention.

"What the fuck?"

"Is this a magic trick or something?"

You chuckled, and it echoed through the streets. "No tricks here, my boy." You smiled widely, your fangs showing.

The men stared in fear. Still as rock, afraid to move in the wrong direction. One of them had the guts to snap his group out of this horrified trance. They all ran away, so quick that you anticipated one of them would trip.

"Never gets old," you murmured to yourself. Satisfied.

-

Loki has a habit of escaping Asgard to travel to other realms, sometimes even outside of the Nine. He took it upon himself to find all the hidden portals within his realm, so he could slip past Heimdall without having to endure his questioning.

The gatekeeper never accepts Loki's answers of "Because I want to." And it annoyed the God of Mischief so incredibly much.

In the dead of night, darkness served him a little bit of cover and protection as he travelled away from the palace then teleported to one of the hidden portals he managed to uncover. This was a path to Midgard, the realm of the mortals. It was near a secluded spring, with mountain ranges neighboring the small body of water.

Loki didn't favour Earth that much, probably because he hates the way they live and die so quickly. He would feel pity, but their short lives only made him feel superior. So sometimes he would visit, just to amuse himself with what "primitive" technology mortals have created.