In Safe Hands

In celebration of the first Loki trailer 😌
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Grass.

Why was he in grass?

He envisioned Asgard while touching the cube.

Why was he in grass?

Loki Odinson has never been this confused nor discombobulated. Grass plains rolled across the land right into the horizon. Lush bushes and vibrant flowers surrounded him at every turn. Trees were swaying in the light gusts of wind that befell the place when he arrived well— plopped on the ground.

The Tesseract vanished. Nothing was familiar now.

He tried sitting up to have a look around, but a voice from behind him didn't permit him so.

“I wouldn't stand so quickly if I were you.” A commanding yet soft ethereal voice broke the natural silence.

Loki stood up quickly in defense, ready to fight whoever the owner of the voice was. His vision was plagued by black and white dots before he could see a face, that then turned into bright stars that made his head unbearably ache in pain. He tried to stand up tall but to no avail. He fell on his knees then to his side and passed out.

You sighed heavily, almost in disappointment. You tilted his body so that he was comfortably on his back. Now all you have to do is wait for him to wake up, again. Hoping that dusk wouldn't come rolling too quickly because there is no possible way to carry him into your home. Dragging him would do more harm than good, so you sat by a tree and waited.

It was nearly sunset when he awoke. He didn't move in fear of passing out again. Loki was surprised but also thankful that he's still peacefully laying on grass in the middle of a field and not chained up in some kind of laboratory or in the clutches of the Mad Titan.

“Now will you listen to my advice?” the ethereal voice spoke again, this time a little teasing.

Loki sat up slowly, resting himself on a trunk of a nearby tree.

“Tell me when you can walk. You have wounds to be tended to.” you said while standing up from your spot to sit across him.

“You're a Light Elf,” Loki said with furrowed brows. “Is this Alfheim?”

You shook your head. “We are not in the Nine. The Tesseract didn't want you to be in the Nine. It would be far too obvious. You would be caught almost instantly.”

“Caught by whom?” he asked.

You sighed and looked distantly to your home. It wasn't too far, but it would be an effort to walk that far of a distance. Dusk was slowly approaching, you have little time.

“I'll tell you inside,” you told him. “Can you walk?”

Loki nodded and stood cautiously, grunting quietly when he felt the deepening bruises brush against the metal of his armor.

The walk to your home was quiet. No exchanging of words happened. You walked beside him, a forearm for support held out for him, ready at any moment he might feel himself losing consciousness. Luckily, you didn't have to half carry his body to your home, he was strong enough to walk by himself, your arm was merely for caution.

You opened the door for him and closed it quickly once you've snuffed out all of the lights leading to your home. You drew all of the curtains closed. They could be anywhere.