Sparks Fly

A SUB-PAR FIC BC MY BRAINCELLS ARE DYING FROM SCHOOL!!!!

I inserted Nikolai Lantsov bc why not?

Also

Made Loki and Thor half-brothers here, just a little heads up :)
.
.
.

The lingering scent of sweat and champagne followed your every movement as you tried to escape the lustful commotion of Sir Alastair's ball.

It was as if the young and unmarried guests jumped onto the nearest partner they could find to dance with them, and ravish them until the end of the night, hoping for a fruitful courtship, marriage, or even just an eventful one night stand.

You shook off all of the longing stares of the young men in the room as you tried to find a quiet space in Sir Alastair's expansive art museums. You never understood why people were so desperate for a pairing, even though they were perfectly aware that said pairings won't even last a year. Perhaps it's because you're young and have prospects and opportunities in life, unique only to you. But that's just your gamble.

As you were walking through Sir Alastair's exhibit of Greek sculptures, you saw your friend— Lady Odessa— walking with two men and a lady who all seem to look your age. When Odessa saw you, she immediately waved you down with her satin-gloved hand. You did not deny her the pleasure, so you walked in her direction.

She greeted you loudly with a smile.

“Why are you walking a by yourself, darling?” she asked, her voice high-pitched and energetic as usual.

“Let's just say Sir Alastair's company are too eccentric for my poor soul,” you replied, giving her a soft smile.

“I might have to agree. As you can see my company and I have taken to exploring his estate because of the unruly guests.”

“How are you finding his estate? Minus the unruly guests, of course.”

“Large and extravagant, perhaps even too extravagant,” Lady Odessa caught one of her friends looking at you, the one with jet black hair and eyes that screamed ‘trouble’. Odessa winked at him before beckoning you to meet her company. “Why don't you join us?”

“I really don't want to interrupt, Odessa.”

“No, it's perfectly fine,” Odessa smirked. “I'm sure Loki would agree.”

Loki, the one with the ebony hair and stark blue-green eyes, gave your friend a fond glare before turning his attention to you.

“Loki, son of Odin,” he said, gently kissing the back of your hand. You said your name in reply.

The taller, blonde one also came up to you. “Thor, also son of Odin.”

“Brothers?” you said in disbelief. They looked nothing alike.

“Half-brothers,” Thor smiled, he was proud despite their different mothers.

“I see,” you returned the smile.

“Shall we get going?” said the woman with brunette hair, her face was sharp and it seemed like she intimidated both the sons of Odin.

You nodded.

“Come,” she said to you. “The name is Sif, you need not call me ‘lady’ for it will only embarrass Loki and Thor.”

“Why?” you asked.

“Because I put their asses in the dirt every damn day of sparring.” She had smiled cheekily, but the boys only rolled their eyes.

“I wouldn't say every single day—”