Sinister Kid

CONTENT WARNING: PROFANITY (like a lot) and GORE
.
.
.
.
.
Inspired by “Sinister Kid” by the Black keys :)
.
.
.
.
.
I'm sorry I was gone but look I made you some content :D (6k words it's kinda long)
.
.
.
.
.
.

“What the fuck knuckles is this?”

“That's my ‘super suit’ dickwad.” You snatched the dark green jumpsuit from Wade's hands. Apparently it wasn't good enough for him.

“Billionaire and genius and yet Tony Stark can't design a better suit? I fucking sewed my own costume!”

“Yeah, yeah. I know, grandma,” you said. “So will you help me or not?”

Wade smiled, but it was a little broken. A little unhinged.

“Anything for my lil' sis.”

-

Natasha walked briskly along the halls of the facility. Apparently this was of urgent importance, and apparently you were the only one fit for the job.

“What does Fury want this time?” you asked Romanoff.

“He didn't tell me anything.” Nat scanned her eye by the entrance. It made a soft whirring noise before flashing a bright green.

“That's a lie.” You entered the elevator, standing beside her.

She sighed. “Fury said you were the only one for the job. But that was the extent of it.”

“No reminders for imminent death?”

“When has Fury given a heads up for imminent death?”

You shrugged. “I don't know. I just thought he should start doing that,” you trailed after Natasha. “We may be replaceable but we're limited, okay?”

“You're a mutant. You'll be fine.”

“Physically, yeah. But what about my mental health? You know SHIELD should really start providing us with free therapy—”

“That's enough hissing, Viper.” Nick Fury stood at the head of the table. You hadn't even realized you entered a room.

Coulson was also there, standing off to the director's side, holding paperwork and his morning coffee. You gave him a little wave, and he tilted his coffee cup back and forth as a reply.

“Director, you know I love to run my mouth like Stark.” You sat on one of the many chairs in the room. Natasha sat across from you, crossing her arms while giving Fury her attention.

“I know,” said Fury. “But you'll want to listen to this.”

He flipped over the phone in his hand, and suddenly a bright blue hologram of a HYDRA facility came into view. There were people strapped on stretchers being pushed from room to room. Some of them looked gaunt and pale, while others looked red with sweat. None of them looked fine.

“What the fuck?” You breathed. It was a horrid sight. So inhumane.

“HYDRA is funding a man called Francis Freeman to create mutants. He's also known under the alias of ‘Ajax’.”

Your jaw clenched. Your palm sweated. Your face twisted in anger.

Natasha shot you a worried glance.

You remembered how that filthy excuse of a man injected you with his serum. You remembered how you begged and begged and begged on the stretcher. You wanted to live to see Wade, your adoptive older brother, after you heard he was alive.