Royal Pain in The Ass - Part 2

Since of yall wanted it so...

Here I am delivering 😌😌

This one is long btw, around 9k words bc I'm a mess for these two
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

The handshake happened about a week ago, and you haven't had a proper talk with Loki ever since that night.

You've sparred with Thor, Sif, and the Warrior's Three but Loki was rarely ever with them. It's as if he knew what time you were going to arrive, and he would make his exit seconds before you could say hello.

You thought to yourself, "If he doesn't want to talk to me that's fine. I have no annoyances and I'm making good friendships and connections. I don't need him... yet."

The "yet" part always killed you.

However, it was necessary. You would do anything that would mean security and comfortability for your realm and even for yourself.

Nessa, Frigga's lady-in-waiting, your temporary servant, was slowly opening up herself to you. When she was hesitant and meek the first time you conversed with her, now she offers you insight without having the need to ask permission to speak "freely".

You disliked that part. Why must anyone ask to speak freely as if it's not a given right?

Well, when you are queen, you vow to give servants more freedom and higher pay. Progression is key, after all.

However, you also started bantering with Nessa as if she were a friend. She was a lovely girl. You could only hope she lands herself in a position where she is liberated and comfortable.

"Good morning, princess," she greeted you one day. This was the fifth day of your visit and frankly you were slowly getting bored of all the things you could do on Asgard without a chaperone.

"Good morning, Nessa," you smiled. "What news?"

"Not much. I feel as if it's still way too early for gossip, but I shall tell you what I could gather later on today."

"Oh," your eyes widened, remembering something your mother told you yesterday night at dinner. "Mother told me of a plan to bring the princes to Vanaheim later this year. Keep an eye out for that."

"Will do, Your Highness," Nessa smiled.

After Nessa left, you took it upon yourself to visit the Palace Library. It completely slipped your mind that you could visit the library without a chaperone, because like in your home, the library was in the palace.

You went to multiple servants and Einherjar to tell you the directions to the library. Most of them offered to walk you there but you declined, saying you want to explore the palace by yourself.

Upon walking halls and halls of gold and marble walkways, you finally noticed a large arcing door. It was of polished wood and was very distinguishable from meters away. The color pops out of the usual gold and cream walls of the palace.

You opened the door to the palace library. There were love seats and chairs scattered on the main floor where people could sit quietly and read with other strangers. There was a front desk for the head librarian but it seems to be empty. Then, you craned your head towards the ceiling to see a second floor filled with more rows of books.

There were large windows and even a large chandelier hung from the ceiling to add to the brightness of the place. The stairs from which you could climb to get to the second floor hugged the walls near the entrance with their ornate railings.