Sleipnir's Arrival

It has been almost a year since the Trickster God Loki showed his face in the Æsir palace. It would have been nice since there's an overall lack of pranks and chaos but the nagging feeling of him possibly planning the downfall of Asgard after the incident with the giant is still prevalent within each of the gods' hearts.

Then one day, he magically appeared in front of the golden palace standing side by side an eight legged horse named Sleipnir.

No one knows where this horse came from. Some of the gods have their theories but thought no further of it, other than perhaps he may have won it in a bet somewhere in the Nine.

Well... except for you.

“You had the audacity to come back after nearly a year. You didn't even bid me goodbye!” you scolded him when you were alone at last. He remained silent, a haunted and angry look on his face. His jaw was clenched so tight it worried you it might lock into place. His eyes were a chaotic mess of emotions, but you knew he was hiding something... or someone.

It worried you that he might destroy himself internally rather than lash out on you right now.

“I apologize. The matter I had at hand was a surprise even to myself. I didn't know how to handle it other than to remain in solitude for the better part of the year.” Loki explained blankly.

“But you promised that we'd work through problems together. You swore.”

“Yes, well. I am the God of Lies, am I not?” Loki replied without a blink and began to walk towards the door.

“You're not telling me something.”

Loki scoffed.

“And it's more important than what you're letting on.” Loki turned and looked at you regretfully. His eyes really wanted to tell you every harrowing detail of what he went through, but he fears judgement from you more than anything. So he remained silent and sighed.

He turned to face you properly and hugged you tightly, nuzzling his head into your neck, letting out a sigh of relief in the process.

“I can't tell you.” Loki said, remorse in his tone. His hand was rubbing your back softly, twisting some of the fibers of your hair between some of his fingers.

“You can't or you won't?” you released him from the hug and looked him in the eye.

Loki sighed and sat you down. “You will think less of me if I tell you.” he said shamefully.

“I would never,” you gasped. “It pains me that you think of my loyalty so lowly.”

Loki chuckled sarcastically.

“Come on, dearest,” you pleaded.

“Please tell me, my love. You know I will always understand.”

Loki looked at you softly. “That's unfair.” he said, implying your use of a pet name he adores.

“I'm merely playing your game, Loki,” you clutched his hand purposefully. “Whatever it is that you went through in the last year, I will come to understand. I swore to never leave your side and you'd best believe that I will honor my word until my very last breath.”

He sighed. “I believe you,” he said “My story is horrific and comical at the same time so I would have to ask you to save the questions for later, alright?”

You nodded.

“When I lured Svadilfari into the woods to delay the building of the wall, I did not come to realize how instinctive animals are. And before I know it, the damn stallion spent itself on me. Then I became with child... I think you know what follows.” Loki hung his head in both shame and horror. He did not dare to meet your eyes.

“Oh, Loki... That's—”

“What? Disgusting? Undignified? I've thought of the many ways this conversation goes and it always ends with you walking out the door in disgust because I'm a filthy horse fucker.” he spat angrily.

“No, no, no, no, no, Loki,” you squeezed his hand reassuringly. “I was going to say terrifying, because if that were the case, I would not be so sure if I would see you again alive and kicking after such an experience.

Loki looked at you in disbelief. “What?” you asked. “Did you really think I would walk out disgusted and proceed to shout ‘horse fucker’?”

“Not that far but yes, something quite similar.”

“Oh, Loki... You need to stop doubting my loyalty and patience. It's beginning to be insulting if I'm being honest.”

“I apologize, I did not mean for it to sound insulting. It was never my intention.”

“I know your solitary tendencies Loki. You now just need to get used to working in a partnership and not all alone by yourself.” you said while admiring his curly black locks.

“So you're not mad? horrified? anything? I'm giving you one last chance of leaving.”

“I feel nothing but relief. And I'm not going anywhere, dearest. I'm afraid you're stuck with me.” you kissed his nose softly, it made him smile.

“Will you promise to keep this a secret?” he said, looking into your eyes.

You nodded. “Of course. You can trust my word,” but then you remembered a bet between the gods about his disappearance.

“On second thought...” You hopped off of the couch.

“The gods still have an ongoing bet about Sleipnir's arrival and how you came upon him. Thor guesses that you hunted him down, the rest believes that you won him in a bet. What do you propose to do?” you said and turned to face him, his mood completely changed, already a planning smirk on his face.

“What is Thor's forfeit?”

“You'll see.” You reached out your hand and he took it. You guided him through the halls of the palace and into the feasting hall where the gods were having their supper. Everyone stopped eating and now all eyes were centered on you and Loki

You cleared your throat. “I believe Loki wanted to say something important.”

Loki blinked at you. “Oh, yes, quite. I was informed that there was a bet about Odin's new steed and I've come to confirm your suspicions,” he cleared his throat. “I was away exploring the Nine and other obscure realms to take a break from all of the madness that is happening on Asgard. I got in trouble somewhere deep in Jotunheim and I had to waget a bet. If I lost it'd cost me my tongue, if I won however, I would take the eight-legged beast home.  I think you know what follows.”

“Damn!” Thor banged his fist on the table.

Sif laughed. “You have to perform a jig in a dress now.”

“I know. I know... I shouldn't have placed a bet.” Thor mumbled at the end.

You and Loki looked at each other chuckling. He winked at you knowingly.

You leaned in to whisper. “Never wrong me, Silvertongue, or it'd be your reputation on the line.”

“Is that a threat my darling?”

You hummed in agreement.

“Hm. Well if that were the case,” Loki swiftly scooped you into his arms in a bridal carry. “I guess I would have to spoil you greatly.” he smirked.

The gods thought nothing of it, except for Thor, who visibly gagged at your display.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Hello!!

Updates would be slower than usual because of online classes!!

I'm terribly sorry.

I hope you all understand.

Love you all ‹3