Bets On. Clothes Off (Well, Almost).

I haven't done cliche prompts in a while!

So.

Enjoy this lil Professor AU 🤭

Also, just a placeholder last name, you'll just be addressed as Professor H bc History and shiiii

.

.

.

.

Once upon a time, being a history professor at a prestigious university had been nothing but a dream come true.

You devoted your life to the study of human events, its analysis, and discovery. It is not an exaggeration to say that you've been obsessed with history since you were a child. In your old highschool, you were declared an academic weapon in the study of what was past. You memorized dates, the people involved, when and where it happened, why it happened- stuff like that.

When people express their awe in your work and in your success, you merely tell them you're a big gossip, and that history is just a bunch of people listening and observing gossip while writing them down.

You would then chuckle at their reaction and promptly leave to bury your nose in a book about the Ottoman Empire.

It was fun to be a professor, really. You had the neverending passion to make people appreciate history, and in doing so, you had a knack of not making it boring.

Your students had fun in your class, that you were certain. They would all be listening while taking down notes. Your ramblings were like scripture to them. Every word you emphasized, they would write, in the hopes of remembering it before the quizzes and tests arrived.

They would also laugh and shake their head fondly as you tried to use their lingo to better explain human events in a way they would easily understand.

"Okay, so- King Henry VIII was all like 'OMFG Catherine let it go, I have a new BAE now' and Catherine was all like 'FYM new BAE? I'm the OG here!'"

As cringe as it was, they loved it.

"Uhm, Professor H?" A young man's voice called out to you. You recognized him to be Peter Parker. Although, he was in Engineering and Tech, you knew he was taking your class for extra credit.

"Yes, Parker?" You lifted your head from your laptop screen, removing your anti-radiation glasses in the process.

"I, uh- I was just wondering if the essay assignment strictly needs to follow the guidelines in the syllabus?"

You furrowed your eyebrows at this. You remembered you had already given them a copy of the syllabus during the first week of class. There were no strict guidelines for assignments there, only rough outlines for teachers to follow.

"What guidelines?" You asked. "Didn't I give you guys a syllabus already? It's in your emails, no?"

"Yeah, you did. But, there's an updated one."

You tilted your head. "Updated?"

"Mhm! Professor Laufeyson distributed it."

Of course, he did.

You let out an annoyed chuckle, not directed at Peter. Although, he sort of felt like it was, even though he was terribly aware by the ongoing feud between you and Professor Laufeyson- Loki.

"Don't mind that." You replied. "Follow whatever I gave you during your first week, alright? And, do tell your other classmates. It'd be a big help."

Peter politely nodded and thanked you for your time before leaving.