Royal Pain in The Ass - Part 3

Part 3 is here BABEYYY!!!!

9k words.. damn :'))

No promises, but I might write a Part 4 👀👀

The Odinsons were meant to stay in your home realm for about a month. It already seems like a lengthy stay but with Loki being constantly followed by chaos, it feels longer.

Loki asked to be your friend in the library about a week ago. And you still can't get rid of that image of Loki drenched in the lovely crystal lighting of the room, his eyes filled with hope as he asked to be your friend.

You also can't rid of yourself from the feel of Loki's lips touching yours. It was supposed to be an act, to convince your people and your parents that what you had was true love and not a tactical move. But it did not feel that way.

It felt real.

Too real.

You do not have to love me.

Your way of saying you have one foot out of the door at all times, even if he allowed you to enter. But what if that was a farce? What if you wanted to enter fully without remorse?

Now you were scaring yourself. Why were you on this train of thought? If it keeps going you might as well decide you love him until the end of days.

But you won't.

Not yet, at least.

At least.

You shook your head. It's been a week. You should be over this already.

But you're not.

And that's the problem.

-

"What are we to do again?" Loki asked. You, Loki, and Thor had just come out of a meeting with your mother and a few royal advisers. It seemed Loki was not paying attention.

You sighed before turning to him. "A parade." You were both in the lounge area of your chambers. You had invited him in for a casual chat after that dreadful and boring meeting.

"Ah, yes," replied Loki. "We must present ourselves to the masses as the newly engaged royal couple of Vanaheim. Lovely."

"Thor will be there too," you added. "Since he will be king of Vanaheim's sister-kingdom."

"I must warn you," said Loki. "People will throw themselves at Thor. I've seen it happen so many times."

"We're on our horses. It'll be fine."

Loki stood up when he spotted your chess set. "Whatever you say, dearest fiancee." You had rolled your eyes, both at his statement and at the very moment he managed to wrench out your chess set from your book case.

He returned to his seat and began opening the box, taking out various chess pieces. "Now, onto something more important," Loki said.

"Chess?"

"Black or white, princess?"

You stared at him for a moment before answering. "I'll play black."

"Confident, are you?"

"Most definitely," you smiled, fixing your pieces on your side of the board.

"Let us see how well you hold," replied Loki lightheartedly. He finished fixing his side of the board, and so he moved a pawn forward since he was playing white, he was meant to go first.

You also placed a pawn forward. "Better than you, I reckon." You smirked.

Loki had taken out one of his knights.