Quarantine with Loki (Day 3-4)

DAY 3

You awoke relatively early, it was 9am, you fell asleep a little past midnight so nine hours of sleep wasn't that bad. You got ready for the day but since it was quarantine you did the bare minimum. You showerer and brushed your teeth, deodorant of course but still wore leggings and a comfortable oversized shirt.

You went out to the main living area and saw Loki perched on the couch, the television paused just aftet the opening credits of the last Lord of The Rings movie.

“You are awake. Finally.” Loki turned his head when you entered and sighed as if he was waiting a lifetime.

“Were you waiting for me?” You asked dumbly but pointedly when you sat next to him since this time he wasn't hogging up all of the space on the long couch. Loki turned to you with a “what do you think?” look and pressed play on the remote.

“No, seriously. Was Loki Friggason nice enough to wait for his dear ol' roomie before continuing to watch Lord of the Rings?” You asked teasingly, leaning on your end of the sofa.

“Hush, mortal. I am trying to watch the film in peace.” Loki answered, not tearing his gaze away from the television.

You scoffed then chuckled, “Okay, whatever you say Lerky.” He grunted in reply to that horrendous nickname.

Half way through the film, about 2 hours later, you started to feel hungry. You glanced at Loki and debated to ask him if he wanted to eat yet. Apparently, you stared for too long.

“What is it, fire girl?” Loki asked you, boredom and perhaps annoyance in his voice. This snapped you out of your trance.

“I— uh, just wanted to ask you if you wanted to eat. It's 11am, perfect brunch time.” You replied.

“I would not be opposed,” you nodded and stood up to go to the kitchen and prepare something. “Fetch me a sweet drink once you're finished.” He looked back at you behind the counter with a raised eyebrown. Loki groaned and rolled his eyes. “Please.” He added. You smirked at this, “Alright then, trickster.”

About 30 minutes have passed and you've finished making the both of you some hearty brunch meal. You put extra portions on Loki's plate seeing he's not human and can demolish a plate or two in less than 5 minutes. You carried with you a bottle of sweet tea for the god and your favorite drink on the way back to the living room.

You settled his plate infront of him; he immediately dug in, slicing the meat with purpose and stuffing it in his mouth weirdly with elegance. It's probably the royal training, you thought.

Throughout the movie, it was entertaining to see Loki enjoy it. He was on the edge of his seat when Frodo left Sam on the edge of the mountain and took Gollum with him who's poisoned his mind moments earlier.

The scene where Gandalf's eagles pick up Samwise and Frodo from a rock on the volcano came up. It was the final stretch, all scenes from then on were peaceful but concise. So, you turned to him, “So? How'd you like it?” You asked.

“I liked it for the most part,” Loki answered truthfully “I disliked the scenes with Denethor and his younger, Faramir. It reminded me of real scenarios that I wish to forget.” Loki continued, his face hardening from remembering those moments with his adoptive father, Odin, being an insufferable and biased asshole.

“I should've warned you about those, I'm sorry.” You apologized, now feeling guilty.

“No need to apologize, mortal. It sounds like you're pitying me.”

“I'd never dare pity the mighty God of Mischief of Asgard! I'd never!” You claimed loudly and dramatically, making Loki roll his eyes and sip his sweet tea.