You're Just as Strong as Me

GUESS WHO'S BACK BITCHES!!!!!

I took a VERYYY long hiatus because life got in the way but I bring forth a new one-shot that you all (hopefully) enjoy!!

.

.

TW: Talks of Death and Suicide

.

.

The Sun finally set. Thank Go-

Damn.

Thank goodness. I'm starving.

You cursed at the ridiculousness of this condition you've been dealing with for the past decade and a half. It was hard being a newly turned vampire in the late 20th century. You just had to be turned right when recording devices and surveillance gadgets got more and more accessible.

It was hard blending in with the humans. I mean, you used to be one not long ago. You still had your old habits that you spent a decade and a half trying to be rid of.

Is this why vampires in movies still have accents and old clothing in those movies? Is it really that hard to adapt?

Your thoughts were always running wild while walking with humans. You always had the fear that the likes of Van Helsing still existed in the 21st century. Scary silver gadgets and sharp wooden stakes and all. You were scared to be identified as a blood sucking vampire even though people did not have definitive proof that your kind existed. You didn't even know they existed until you were bitten.

Regardless, that feeling of anxiety stayed aggressive but would subside once you got back home in your dank and (almost) decrepit basement of an apartment.

With the popularity of security cameras everywhere on the street, it was hard to lure a victim in dark alleyways. They can always identify you. They can find you with ease. So, it was hard to feed. Yes, hypothetically, you could enter a hospital and steal bags of donated blood but that was beyond your capabilities. Stealth isn't really your thing... so is stealing precious blood from people who need it.

I mean, you needed it too. But-

It's complicated. You thought.

You haven't drank blood in a year, and that was taking a toll on you and your health. You thought you'd be dead by the first week you didn't have fresh blood in your veins.

You survived for a whole year though, because you had a plan.

When you transform into a bat- like all vampires do, of course- you can still eat. So, you experimented. One night, you transformed into your casual fruit bat form and ate an apple while in said form. It surprised you that it filled you up. But, when you turned into your normal form, you still felt wheezy and thirsy from the lack of nutrients. Curious and desperate, you ate a lost beetle crawling on your windowsill.

And it helped.

You had a new diet. Albeit a bad one for a vampire to stay healthy, but it was keeping you sane and alive, and that was enough for you.

So, as you roam the streets, looking for the fruit stalls in the open market, you readied a sneaky hand to try and steal a piece of fruit. You were looking for nothing in particular. I mean, beggars can't be choosers after all. To you, it was verging on life and death.

I can't die yet. I'm only on my 15th year as a vampire. That'd be so pathetic if I died.

"Hey!" The street vendor yelled in your direction. You tried to hide the bright yellow banana as much as possible in your jacket sleeve. "Is that from me?" he asked accusingly.