Alfheim's Finest (Part 2): Picnic Day!

A dear reader requested for a second part of "Alfheim's Finest" so here you go!!

I hope you enjoy ‹3
.
.
.
.
.
.

When you awoke from your dreamless sleep, it was neither early morning nor late afternoon. Just right in between where the birds still sang but the sun is higher up in the sky. You did nothing but stare at the ceiling and reminisce on last night's events.

The Asgardians were a happy and intense bunch, so different from the Light Elves that were far more calm and quiet. You remembered Thor and Volstagg having a drinking game to end the feast ceremoniously before most of the guests left to retire to their chambers but you and Loki stayed.

He stayed with you when he didn't actually have to. He was the prince he could've left you all alone, but he didn't. Not to mention that he walked you back to your chambers. And that made you feel all soft and giddy but also have a sense of importance. He stayed and dealt with your stupidity.

You smiled unknowingly and sighed happily at the funny memory. You're thankful Loki wasn't judgemental when you go out of line. In fact he finds it entertaining, which is nice in a way.

A loud knock startled your daydreaming. Is this what Lavania felt?

"Who is it?" you asked from your bed, you were still laying down, burried in furs and blankets.

"Your servant, My Lady. I've brought you riding clothes."

"Alright. The door is open." you called. The door swung open revealing a servant girl around your age, a pile of clothes and boots in her arms. You sat up from your bed.

"What are they for exactly?" you asked her.

"Prince Loki ordered me to fetch you riding gear, he wasn't certain if you brought your own so he sent me for them just in case." she replied.

"I don't understand. We only planned for a picnic in the gardens."

"Perhaps the prince has other plans with you. He does tend to be an over achiever at some times."

"I see. Thank you for bringing me clothes." said you.

"Do you require assistance?"

"Yes, please. I'll take a quick bath then you can help me with the corset." you said, pointing at the evident piece of thick leather in her arms

She nodded and you went about your business in the bathroom. When you emerged from your quick bath, your servant assisted you in fastening the corset neatly to your back as well as lacing the cuffs onto your wrists and lastly the overcoat, gloves and boots. You smiled at her thankfully when she stepped away from you to admire her work.

"Would that be all, My Lady?" she asked formally.

"Yes. Thank you. I will do my braids on my own." you smiled and the servant girl made her way towards the door.

You sat on the vanity and began to section and braid your hair in an Elvish fashion once again, humming tunes as you twisted your own hair. Before you can fasten the last strand of braids, a knock interrupted you.

"The door is open!" you called. You turned around momentarily to see Loki step through the door dressed in something less formal than last night. Perhaps its his own riding clothes, you thought. "You are early, my prince." you said, facing your vanity while doing last touch ups to your hair.

"No, darling. You're behind." Loki smirked.

"Am not," you stood. "I'm completely ready." you countered.