Assumptions

I'm going to apologize again,,,,, this is long,,,,
.
.
.
.
it's inspired by pride and prejudice again,,, and AGAIN
.
.
.
.
.
But with a little Fantastic Beasts thrown in there 👀
.
.
.
.
.
.
Also because I don't actually live in the UK, the only real place I mention is London so—
.
.
.
.
.
.
I hope you all enjoy :3
.
.
.
.
.
.

Your stomach didn't drop when you saw a headline say “Another Odinson Marriage?” with a picture of Thor, Loki and a woman just below it. Your heart definitely didn't race when you saw that Loki was the one standing beside the woman. Your mouth for sure wasn't dry when you read the article 5 times over. No, you were perfectly calm and collected not at all on the verge of crying.

Therefore, you hid from the rest of your family for a solid week. You stayed in your bedroom, pacing then overthinking, barely eating what they left you outside of your door. Your hair was in disarray, you only wore a chemise and a nightgown, your eyes looked practically dead as it was surrounded by dark circles. You look pale, as if a vampire had sucked all of the life from you.

You felt a little betrayed— no— you felt betrayed by this act of his. After all of the sweet things and long conversations you had with him, he suddenly turns his back and gets engaged to another woman overnight. It did make you feel a little stupid. I mean, nothing was set in concrete. But still, he put in efforr, you put in effort, shouldn't that mean something? Shouldn't that lead to something else?

A soft knock disrupted your train of thought. You didn't answer, thinking it was meal time but then your mother's voice protruded through the thick wooden door. You slowly walked towards your door, pressing your ear against it.

“Are you well, my daughter?” she asked but you gave no answer.

“Your father and I are becoming worried, dear. You eat your meals but we're unsure if you're getting proper sleep. You haven't seen the sun in a week,” she continued, her voice was soft and filled with the care only mothers seem to have. “Your aunt and uncle are coming tomorrow, and they plan to go on a trip to London and back again. I think it would do you well if you came along.”

Your aunt, she was far younger than your mother seeing she was the youngest sibling. She was almost like the big sister or cousin you never had. She was caring like your mother, witty like yourself, intelligent like your father; she was daring and opinionated but never controversial. You aspired to be like her when you were younger, you still do. She gives only the best advice and always had the talent to cheer you up.

You slowly opened the door to reveal your disheveled self to your mother. Her face looked worried but smiled with relief when she finally saw your face.

“What time will she be arriving?” you asked weakly.

“Just after breakfast time.”

“Then I shall go with them.” you told your mother decisively.

“Wonderful! Wonderful! Oh, my darling daughter, hopefully by the end of this trip, your cheeks will naturally be blushed again.” Your mom enveloped you into her arms in a comforting hug. You sighed in relief, wrapping your arms around her form just as tightly.

“Yes, yes,” you say into her shoulder. “Hopefully.”

-------------------