Meeting The Family

Another long one pls I don't know where to stop
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
“Tell me precisely why I'm coming with you again?” You asked Loki who was driving a rented BMW on the way to his parent's house up in the rural part of England. This was completely a spontaneous visit. He didn't tell you a word about visiting his childhood home, he just told you to pack an overnight bag and to get in the car.

Loki sighed loudly. “First of all, you're my assistant your job is to literally do as I say. Second, you're getting paid. And third, I'm a sadist.” he smirked by the third reason.

You groaned and rested your head on the window.

“You should actually be thankful that I'm bringing you with me today and not any other day because father is on vacation somewhere in Norway.”

“Oh yes, your dearest father,” you replied sarcastically. “I can't fucking believe I'm gonna meet my boss's mom.” you rubbed a stressful hand across your face.

“You better be on your best behavior because we are near.” said Loki while going into a smaller road that was roofed with beautiful green trees that seemed to last forever, until a large beige castle-like mansion stood at the end of the road.

It looked so beautiful and timeless.

The house was surrounded by a forest and a lake was also nearby.

A woman was already waiting at the front door with a soft smile on her face.

You and Loki got out of the car and carried your respective bags.

“Hello, mother.” Loki stepped up and greeted his mother, Frigga, softly while embracing her in his arms.

“I've missed you, my son.” Frigga said tenderly, caressing his cheek with her thumb. Her eyes immediately drifted towards you when she parted with her younger.

Frigga looked surprised and a bit excited. “Dearest, is she your—”

“My brilliant assistant, yes. I asked her to come here for work.” Loki cut off his mother before Frigga could insinuate something else.

Frigga nodded as her face fell in slight disappointment then contorted into confusion then into a knowing look. She then smiled and turned to you.

“Welcome, my dear.” Frigga clutched your hand softly.

You smiled a little awkwardly, not knowing what to call her. “Thank you, Mrs. Odinson—”

“Please child, Frigga would be fine.”

You smiled at her.

“Come Loki, let's get you both settled in.” Frigga opened the front door and let you both in.

The interior looked as gorgeous as the outside. Every piece of furniture had a feel of ‘home’ to it like it has been cared for and treasured for more than one lifetime within the home. The design of the house was very Nordic, although a bit more modernized but you could still tell the original roots of the Odinson family.

“Is Thor around? He told me he was visiting the same time as I.” Loki asked.

“Oh yes, he's just running around the woods as always,” Frigga answered. “While waiting for your brother why don't you show our guest to the upstairs guest room?”

Loki nodded and lead you to a spiraling staircase of marble and gold, then into one of the mny hallways in the second floor. He pointed the door onto your right and assumed that that was your room for the night. You noticed that Loki entered the one right across from yours. That was his room.