What You Taste Like [SMUT]

HALLOWEEN SPECIAL!!!

-

CONTENT WARNING:

Mentions of suicide, blood, gore, and killing.

-

Three whole years of writing this collection,

And the Halloween Specials are still vampire based.

IM SO PREDICTABLE 💀

Anyways,

There's Smut.

Enjoy!

.

.

.

.

1886.

Legacies were a fickle thing. Always remembered, never forgotten. One wrong move, and it is soiled forever.

Your father thought to pass on the family legacy to you, not to any of your brothers. It was a peculiar feat, knowing your time. Not many women had the opportunity of holding the family name with such weight.

Van Helsing.

Quite pretty, when said out loud. Terrifying, when used against a blood-sucking creature of the night.

Suffice to say, your formative years weren't spent on tiring hours with governesses teaching you how to laugh like a lady or how to use your fan to tell a man from across the room that you'd quite like to see his estate.

No, you couldn't remember a governess' face even if you tried. After you learned how to read, write, and speak confidently, your father took matters into his own hands.

Where other children would draw pictures with crayons, you would memorize the anatomical weaknesses of a vampire.

Where ladies would meet up with friends in local tea houses, you would spend hours upon hours sparring with your brothers. One against five.

Your father had been smart about the upbringing of his children. The eldest was well-versed in the art of boxing, the second-oldest in fencing, the middling one in mixed martial arts, the second-youngest in wrestling, and the youngest in archery.

All at once, you'd fight them. Your father strictly instructing them to always aim for your neck. You weren't allowed to rest until all of them were laying flat on their asses.

While your brothers were all each well-versed in one art of fighting. You were fluent in them all— additionally, gun-slinging and stake throwing, since it was needed for your specific job.

Hunting vampires.

Specifically, in high society. It's where they like to loom and secure powerful alliances, before taking to the peasant areas to have their nightly fill.

Conveniently enough though, the Van Helsings before you have already climbed that societal ladder. Your family sat comfortably near the top of the pyramid, owning a fair bit of land whilst having a number of university buildings named under Van Helsing. After all, you were a scholarly family. That was how your family gained its repertoire.

So, it wasn't difficult to weed your way through seasonal balls to lure out the vampires that plagued your area, only kill them shortly after with a discrete stake to the heart or a silver bullet to the head.

You've been successful so far. You were alive and breathing, no bite marks anywhere on your body, your blood still running freely through your veins— you were perfectly intact and in mint condition. All of the vampires you've set your eyes on ended up dead by the end of the night.