Trickster's Surprise

Okay this is shorter than what I usually write but DO NOT WORRY I have a long fic coming after this one ;)
.
.
.
.
.
.

The House of Odin has been restless for the past two weeks. Between the ongoing war with barbarians and otherworldly threats, his youngest son still hasn't woken up from the devastating injury he has sustained.

Frigga Allmother has been worried and fidgety since she received news of her wounded son. She has been doing everything in her power to ensure that her youngest lives and awakens soon.

Thor, still distressed and angered from recent events, has managed to push through and fight the barbarians whose attacks to the crown never seem to end. He still fights beside the Lady Sif and the Warriors Three with the same skill and finesse for he cannot allow the feeling of heaviness overtake his fighting.

You, being Loki's close friend and confidant has of course been worried of his state. The Lady Eir has said he was stable and healing but still, the ever present feeling of anxiety is still strong within your stomach.

"My Queen you haven't eaten all day." You said softly as you entered Loki's room in the healer's ward, a tray of food in your hands.

"I am alright, dear child." Frigga reassured you.

"I worry for you, Allmother. You've barely slept or eaten in a fortnight," You said sitting beside her. "Please rest my Queen. I will stay by Loki's side. I will take care of him on your behalf."

"I could not possibly trouble you to do so, dear."

"Please, Allmother. Have a good night's rest. Perhaps in the morning our dear Loki would awaken. I promise I won't leave his side. I care for him too, and it pains me to see you and him so drained of life."

"I know you do, child," She softly clutched your hand before standing up. "Please collect me if he wakes tonight or even if he stirs, any sign of life from my child would surely quiet my soul." Frigga asked you sadly, almost desperately; then she exited the room after sparing you a hopeful yet tired smile.

You sat closer to Loki's bed and watched over him for hours on end. Never once did you take your attention from him. He looked so weak and helpless, much unlike the Loki you know who was always so mischievous and quick-witted and ruthless both in fighting and day to day life. He looked paler than usual, and he did not look the same without that signature smirk resting upon his face. You started to miss him. And you started reminiscing memories with the sarcastic yet chipper looking Loki you were with all these years.

"As I very much hate to admit. I am beginning to miss your ever so snarky comments, dearest Loki. All my wishes of you shutting up has been granted and I don't think I like the outcome of it very much," You said to Loki's sleeping body.

"Could you do us all a favor and wake up?" You chuckled softly to yourself. "Because I don't think I- we can take any more of this. Frigga has been restless, she hasn't left your side at all. Well, except for this instance but only because I begged her to. Thor is doing his best without you. He shows no emotion of anxiety or worry but I know deep down he's destroyed.

"And I have been swallowing meaningless words from novels just so I can take my mind off of your suffering state. I hate to see you like this Loki. I don't like seeing you weak and fragile and helpless because that's not what you are. You're lively and sarcastic and funny and witty and intelligent and strong. Well atleast that's your person when you're in my presence.

"And I will admit I have begun to be very fond of. I find myself longing to hear your voice that always holds the slightest tinge of mischief and mirth. I find myself cherishing our times in Frigga's garden where I'd ramble on about this new kind of flower I had studied and you'd actually stay and listen to my words that probably held no meaning to you. I just miss you." You sighed.

"I like you, Loki. I am really fond you, it's insane. I yearn for more time alone with you. I long to have intelligent conversations with you again because I want to hear your thoughts that you present so eloquently which always leaves me in awe. I like you very much. I pray you wake up and I pray you recover... And I pray you never heard me ramble on about how much I like you."

"Too late." A deep yet croaky voice said aloud.

You lifted your head too see a very tired but still smirking Loki.

"You're awake! Thank the Norns!" You declared happily, clutching his hand tightly into yours.

"That was some speech, darling. You missed me all that much?" He replied as he was trying to sit up, you could see he was in pain. You offered help but he waved it off and sat up straight, a pillow behind his back.

"How much of that did you hear?" You asked shyly, your hands still touching.

"The part where you complimented me really stood out for me."

"Oh, shush. I was being kind," You paused. "I'm glad you're awake." You smiled happily at him.

"Gathered that," You rolled your eyes at him, letting go of his hand. "In all seriousness, I should thank you for staying by my side."

You shook your head. "You shouldn't. It was my choice to stay on behalf of your mother."

"Still, thank you, darling. And I should promise you that once I am fully healed, we can return to strolling through my mother's garden or reading books in the library or something of the sort, for I also share the same sentiment." He held your hand once again, stroking the back of your hand with the pad of his thumb softly.

"I'd like that very much." You replied softly, fighting the blush that was slowly spreading across your cheeks. Loki brought your hand up to his lips to sweetly place a small kiss on it.

"I forgot how much I liked to see you blush."

You rolled your eyes at him and smiled in reply, as always.